Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

freestyle 474 spinnaker  Bottom

• hi im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone new anything about a freestyle 474 spinnaker kit or if its even posible thanks!
    jamie

Edited by freestyle474 on Sep 16, 2012 - 12:39 PM.
  • I don't think there is a cat that you couldn't pit a spin on. However, there definitely isn't one made specifically for the freestyle. Not a big problem as there isn't a spin kit made specifically for most cats. For the size of cat you would have to get a kit meant for a 14-16 foot cat. So a Hobie 16 spin kit or a Nacra 500 spin kit would work for you.

It will take a bit of work on your part, other than riviting the various bits to the mast and beam you will need to put a couple of holes through the nose of your hulls in order to rig the support lines for the spin pole. That is a pretty simple piece of glass work. The only thing is that it will likely cost you a pretty penny for the kit.

Regards,
    Dave

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • I had a freestyle...you could do it. You may want to be careful doing so...pretty lightweight mast extrusion

--
    NACRA18SQ
    FREESTYLE 474
    --
  • If you do a google search for freestyle 474474 master...nice photos of a spin setup

--
    NACRA18SQ
    FREESTYLE 474
    --
  • thanks for the help guys! im gona try to find the right stuff and post back here when(or if) i finish!
    jamie
  • Hi Jaime,
    Are you still rigging up your boat? I have one and am needing to figure out what the lengths of the main stays are.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.