Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Help with Nacra 6.0NA Mast  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• Coming up to 1 year anniversary for snapping my mast !
    I have had no luck finding a second hand one and Nacra and Cathouse have been unable to get a new one for me. Please does anyone know the whereabouts of a 31 ft mast? Or perhaps the manufacturer of the original profile?
    Or ??? Will pay for all shipping costs from ANYWHERE.
    Desperate to get my cat back in the water.
    Thanks for your help.
  • p.s Nacra 6.0NA
  • NACRA in Santa Ana wasn't able to put one together for you? Interesting!

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • JohnESNACRA in Santa Ana wasn't able to put one together for you? Interesting!

Agreed. I would call Jack and see if he has a bare extrusion and build the mast back on your own. I had to do this once on a unique case and he was able to help out.

This might be a sign of things to come. Nacra parts are getting very scarce there.

--
    Philip
    --
  • It reallt sounds like nacra usa is having some issues. Just reading between the lines with the parts supply and website. Nacra aus seems to be doing good though.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • i haven't seen a 6.0 mast but aren't they the same cross section as other nacra's, such as 5.8, 5.7, 5.5, 5.2?
    a 5.7 is 29' long for example. couldn't you find a shorter mast and splice/weld a few feet onto the top? i would think the top few feet would be under less stress than the mid or lower portion, and a splice would strengthen it and keep it from bending.

of course you'd have to put your hound, diamonds and spreaders on it where you need them. but if i were without a cat, i'd 'do what it took' to get back on the blue (brown in the midwest). then keep your eyes open for the real deal later.

we've got to keep these cats alive.......!
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • archi haven't seen a 6.0 mast but aren't they the same cross section as other nacra's, such as 5.8, 5.7, 5.5, 5.2?
    j

the newer supplied extrusions have a subtle but thicker wall than the older stock, so not really the same. They perform differently.

--
    Philip
    --
  • Have two 31' Tornado extrusions. Have pics & hound dimensions. Pete
  • Quotethe newer supplied extrusions have a subtle but thicker wall than the older stock, so not really the same. They perform differently.

mummp,
    didn't say what year his 6.0NA was. have to match extrusions from that era ('90's?) remember, this is a stop-gap suggestion only to get back onto the water, not one to test in the lab or display at the boat show.
    thanks for your info.
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • FYI the last 6.0 NA was made about 2001 and even then was special order. All focus was on the N20 and Inter's.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • arch
    Quotethe newer supplied extrusions have a subtle but thicker wall than the older stock, so not really the same. They perform differently.

mummp,
    didn't say what year his 6.0NA was. have to match extrusions from that era ('90's?) remember, this is a stop-gap suggestion only to get back onto the water, not one to test in the lab or display at the boat show.
    thanks for your info.
    j

My bad. I was providing information that there have been different suppliers of extrusions through the years, that not many folks really know about. Addressing the wall thickness and in short hand without mentioning, stating the obvious that a splice would likely be difficult.

Carry on . . . .

--
    Philip
    --
  • Thanks for your responses so far.
    6.0NA is from 2000.
    Jack at Nacra was my first port of call, unfortunately 31 ft of extrusion is tough to come by.
    Cathouse just got some extrusions from Holland, all 30 ft or shorter.
    I would be interested in your Tornado extrusions Pete, are they bare? Do you know if the profile is similar? Are they straight or taprered? What about the Nacra fittings I have, will they fit?

Cheers.
  • who made the extrusion in the first place? anyone? I would of course prefer to do it once and right.
  • If you can get a 30 ft extrusion and still have the old mast, provided they are the same extrusion, sleeving and rivetting a foot of mast isn't very hard. No welding required. That being said. If the castings will fit on Pete's mast that is a better option.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Looks like you may be in luck, there is another thread wehre someone is looking ot offload some Inter 20 parts, mast sails etc....

This will work for your 6.0, AAMOF maybe make it faster... I would be all over this if I had a 6.0...

http://www.thebeachcats.com/forums/viewtopic/topic/13637/start/0#pid40264

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • JohnESLooks like you may be in luck, there is another thread wehre someone is looking ot offload some Inter 20 parts, mast sails etc....

This will work for your 6.0, AAMOF maybe make it faster... I would be all over this if I had a 6.0...

http://www.thebeachcats.com/forums/viewtopic/topic/13637/start/0#pid40264

Opps my bad ...old post, but there is anoth Inter 20 mast for sale omn the classifieds... This will work for you... go for it and get that boat on the water..

Edited by JohnES on Aug 29, 2012 - 09:02 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • JohnES

Can't seem to find this Inter 20 mast you refer to ??
  • Ok found the inter mast...$5000 !!! Holy Carbon !!! Thats 1k more than my entire boat! Can't justify spending that kinda money on a 6.0. But thanks for looking for me.
    So Pete, any update on tornado mast?
  • there was a guy on the west coast that bought Craig's 6.0 Express. He parted it out to use the hulls for amas on a homemade trimaran project. I know he sold the foils, sails, bridal foil but don't remember if he sold the mast. You might want to track him down. He ran ads here. Another option is to buy another 6.0 for the mast and sell off the parts.

Edited by mummp on Aug 30, 2012 - 08:47 AM.

--
    Philip
    --
  • sfnacraOk found the inter mast...$5000 !!! Holy Carbon !!! Thats 1k more than my entire boat! Can't justify spending that kinda money on a 6.0. But thanks for looking for me.
    So Pete, any update on tornado mast?

Did you call the seller and talk to him?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.