Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H20, need new main sheet system  Bottom

• Summary:

I need a new main sheet system for a H20, block, cleat block, and main sheet. Is it best to go with a factory replacement, or is there a better aftermarket solution?

Also, living in the middle of nowhere, I would appreciate any suggestions of good online parts dealers.

The Story:

I just got back into into sailing after many years, after my wife found a Hobie Miracle 20 for me. It has been a blast. I like that I can load up two adults and four kids and still go fast. Strong winds are a bit scary like others have mentioned. I have had it out 7 or 8 times. It is an old cat (99) but seems to be very lightly used.

After hauling it back from the lake yesterday, I walked behind the boat and noticed the main sheet dangling on the ground. Then I noticed the half melted frayed end. The my stomach dropped when I noticed the loose pin and clevis that used to hold my main sheet cleat block. Leaving the lake, I had just pulled it tight but left it attached and secured the main sheet. The majority of the main sheet stayed attached, but the bumps loosed the clevis, the main sheet system got bumped overboard, and I dragged it into oblivion.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • http://www.murrays.com/mm…_Code=C-M&Store_Code=MS
    Complete set. Aftermarket. 8:1, should be enough...

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • Thanks for the pointer, that is just what I needed.
  • Might look at Nautos blocks on ebay. Much cheaper thank harken and good quality from my experience so far.
  • I've got a harken 2.25" quad for sale, about to relist on ebay. Let me know if you're interested.
  • I got harken 8:1 at bargainboatparts.com for 360 shipped. Ended up coming directly from harken.
  • kravenMight look at Nautos blocks on ebay. Much cheaper thank harken and good quality from my experience so far.

I have eyed those before, do you have a set of carbos that could could compare them too ?

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.