Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Help with Nacra 570 downhaul rigging?  Bottom

• I recently purchased a 2004 Nacra 570. I got the boat and a box of parts but I did not getting any rigging instruction from the previous owner. I figured everything out except for the main downhaul which is a bit more complex than on my Mystere. Not sure if I am missing a part of if I just don't understand how the two downhaul blocks are supposed to attach to the tack of the main. It came with a couple of halyard shackles with guard pins that I think are for this purpose but I can't figure out how they are supposed to attach to the tack. On the first outing I tied a piece of line in a loop through the tack and shackled to this on both sides to get me on the water. I downloaded the Nacra 570 manual but it does not show or discuss the downhaul. If anyone knows how this setup is intended to work or has pictures of one rigged up to post it would be a great help. Thanks!

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • See 8:1 downhaul with double blocks

The double blocks are just tied to the tack or in some cases S hooks are used.

http://www.murrays.com/archive/26.pdf

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Hobie wave main sheet hooks work great and are cheap!

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Thanks for the ideas. I guess I am missing part of the rigging but maybe I wasn't too far off with my approach. I will also look into the S hook option. I'd still like to know how a stock 570 is rigged so if someone has a picture or can describe it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • i will take photo with i phone this weekend and send one of my nacras is same year and a 5.7
  • Thanks for taking the time.

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • The 5.5, 5.8, 6.0, 17, f18, infusion and 20 are all the same downhaul. I don't think they dreamed a new one up just for the 570.

I have no idea what the halyard shackles with guard pins are for, never seen them used on a Nacra except for the jib halyard. Doubt they are stock.

Good luck.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Maybe the shackles are just extra's and not for the downhaul? Sometimes there are a few nacra's out where I usually sail so I'll try to scope them out for comparison next time I see them.

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • Steve, I have a newer 570. I will take some pics of downhaul setup and post them. will take a few days.
    MG
  • Thanks MG. I'm just trying to determine if I'm missing something or just how to rig it properly.

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.