Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

I'm looking for used Hobie 17 parts..... need help  Bottom

• I just acquired a Hobie 17 from a family member. I have a teacher but need to get Hobie sea worthy. THe sail needs replaced and one of the pin holes for the mast base is broken. ( the other pin hole is still intact). I need help with resources for used parts. I have searched but seems like Hobie 17 are not as common. Any suggestions would help.
  • Likely Murray's would have a lot of what you ay need new and any Hobie dealer could get as well. Hobie also has its own forum with a fairly active h17 bunch many of which he had more than one h17 over the years and may hve parts. I have seen a few posts here and there of h17s being rated out.

To fix your hinge pin hole ou like need to replace the entire mast base casting.

As for the sail, unless it is in shreds go ahead and use it. It is likely delaminated to all hell but a good used h17 sails are hard o find and new ones are very pricy. You might as well use it if you can til you work ome thing else out.

You better check your wing pockets to see if they leak. Fill them with some water and see if they drain out into the hulls.

This guy may have some of what you need including an ok sail for cheap
    http://www.ksl.com/index.…17&cat=197&lpid=&search=

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • If you are still looking for a mastbase and sail I have them for sale.
    howyoudoin91I just acquired a Hobie 17 from a family member. I have a teacher but need to get Hobie sea worthy. THe sail needs replaced and one of the pin holes for the mast base is broken. ( the other pin hole is still intact). I need help with resources for used parts. I have searched but seems like Hobie 17 are not as common. Any suggestions would help.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.