Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

ghost prindle spotted!!!  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• I wasn't thinking Seatow. I was thinking of Bob's idea of a fleet of cats spreading out on the water looking for the thing. Bump the 6mph to something closer to 15 (figuring moderately good wind), spread out on the water so you can cover a lot of area at once, throw in a case of beer on the beach afterward, and you've got bragging rights afterward. A hand operated bilge pump would clear the hulls, and a cat can be towed with a Y bridle on the bows. The ride back will only be slightly slower than the ride out.

Tom

--
    Tom Benedict
    Island of Hawaii
    P-Cat 18 / Sail# 361 / HA 7633 H / "Smilodon"
    --
  • For the boat to sink you would have to put weight in the hulls
    nd/or holes in the beams and mast.
  • Quotecoastrat
    i would love to hunt it down with another beachcat!!!...bring another main sail...some more plugs...mayby some more port covers...a good hand pump...extra floation...beer, ice, beer, more ice...you know!!! RESCUE MISSION---LIVE ACTION!!!

A fleet of five beachcats in formation and with radio contact could search a 10 mile swath. Might be a viable solution if the weather is good and they have a support stinkboat.

It would be epic, even if no one found it, what better reason could you have to go out on a sailing adventure with a fleet of catamarans (or any other boat for that matter) I wonder if you could hoist a look out with binoculars to the top of the mast somehow...

--
    70's 18' Sol Cat "Venora"
    70's 18' Sol Cat "Bumblebee"
    60's 14' Sailstar Tallstar sloop "Arandora"

Heber City, UT
    --
  • Mount 4 GoPros to cover each direction all connected via WiFi to an iPad in a waterproof case and a Cell phone with a tethering plan. Have the crew cycle through all four sides until you spot it.

Put that rig on 10 beachcats and start your search.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Oooooh, you know what I'd suggest...

Same ring of GoPro cameras hanging from a kite line some 500' above the water. THEMS got some RANGE!

Tom

--
    Tom Benedict
    Island of Hawaii
    P-Cat 18 / Sail# 361 / HA 7633 H / "Smilodon"
    --
  • Range and speed. We don't use the full ability of the boats often.It would make for a fun adventure!

--
    Mike Brady
    Sugar Land, TX
    Sailing off Magnolia Beach in Lavaca Bay TX
    http://358degrees.blogspot.com/
    P16 "Pooh Cat"
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.