Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Any one sailing western Lake Erie?  Bottom

• Hi Comrades, you have a great site. Thanks for ever thing you do for Newbies. I've been lurking here for a while and really want to pull the trigger.
    Looking for a group of cat sailors in the area to check out their rides.
    I'd like to think I'll have a regular crew, but need to be ready to solo because any crew will probably not have much experience. I used to single hand a 26' sloop I owned. My experience is sailing sail boards to 45' monos. My Dad had 20' Melges scow that I taught myself to sail 40 years ago. My idea of great vacation day is to find a rental Cat at a beach and give others rides.
    The thread "Best Single Handed Cat" is great and I've been through it a couple times. I'll probably end up in the 16-18 foot range. Your site has helped me narrow down a few priorities: Wings (seems like they would help with a bad back), Cheata mount, trailer, righting system, reef points.
    If anyone out there is looking for a crew for the afternoon in the Port Clinton area, I'm there. A Nacra 5.2 or H-17, 18 experience would be great.
    Thank you for making this a "go to" site.
    Scott

Edited by scotts1w on Aug 05, 2012 - 09:43 AM.

--
    Mooched Beachcats in the past
    Time to try ownership with Nacra 5.7
    Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands, Ohio
    --
  • A couple of our pilots have places at Port Stanley, but they are pussies, & don't own Cats. IF you want to make a few hour drive, come up to Orillia, ONT,(Canada). You can test drive a Nacra 5.7 or Nacra 5.0 on Lake Simcoe.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Thank you for the invitation. That would be great. Too bad it is a bit of a hike, I'd hop in the car now...

--
    --
  • Sorry, I was brain dead for minute, or maybe I had a Senior Moment! You did say "Western". We had some cousins from Sandusky up on July 1 holiday. For some reason I equated that being the "close" end to us.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • No worries, at least I know now where I can get out of the rain and try a fine Canadian Brew if I'm lost. That's God's country isn't it? Thanks again for the offer of hospitality and a test ride.

--
    --
  • Pretty quiet on this end of Lake Erie. No takers?

--
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.