Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Supercat 20 rebuild  Bottom

• just finished redoing a Supercat 20 I bought and made an album on here of it. This was my first attempt at a big project. Im sure there are better ways to do aome of the repairs, I'm no expert fo sho! Enjoy and maybe it will help someone...\\

Mac

Here"s a Youtube video of the first sail yesterday. This was in very light wind. Hope to get some video with better action this weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g23ddo49FiM

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=88707

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Mac,

That is a really great writeup! Thanks for taking time to not only take the pictures along the way but upload them and write all the descriptions. This is great motivation for the next beachcat sailor who is thinking of "rescuing" a cool cat.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Thanks and your welcome!

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Excellent writeup! Thanks for posting all the pictures and descriptions. And thanks, also, for describing stuff you would've done differently. That's golden.

Tom

--
    Tom Benedict
    Island of Hawaii
    P-Cat 18 / Sail# 361 / HA 7633 H / "Smilodon"
    --
  • Video from yesterday with better action. Wind was blowin around 7 mph.

http://youtu.be/XZlptNGQXIU

Edited by lakewateree on Aug 04, 2012 - 06:20 AM.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • lakewateree,

It would be interesting to know what your Supercat weighs, ready to sail.

I just realized you said you had used a 38 foot mast from an ARC 22! How tall was the normal Supercat 20 Tall Rig mast?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • It weighs a ton! I think I read that they were supposed to weigh around 450-500 when new. I'd be interested to know how much mine weighs with the self tacker and spin, maybe I'll weigh it this winter. It's pretty easy to move around on the cat trax on flat land, but a bear on any kind of incline. I'm still trying to figure all that out. My girlfriend and I used the expanding trailer I got with it to put it in and out today. My Dad and I barely got it up the ramp yesterday, but had no problem with 3 guys the day before.

I think the supercat TR mast and ARC 22 mast are the same size, 38 1/2'. The ARC mast uses a different diamond set up.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.