Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

TENTS for tramp?  Bottom

• does anyone know of a place that makes a tent like 14X16 custom made? i have looked all over cant really find anything for a CAT?

--
    Reynolds 21 Catamaran #38
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • i have heard using regular tents (onboard catamarans) have temperature / moisture issues (cold zones on bottom from all the air flow and hot and and moisture trapped on top ) and do not work very well.

your Reynolds tramp may sit higher than typically beachcats (not sure) and maybe there are custom tents that can deal with those issues, but none that i know of.

Edited by MN3 on Jun 12, 2012 - 03:54 PM.
  • The cold issue has more to do with your sleep system than the tent. I have experienced the same thing with my ultralight backpacking hammock setup. Body weight compresses the insulation in whatever you are sleeping on (Sleeping bag etc) leaving it essentially useless beneath you. A good quality therma-rest sleep pad will work wonders to keep you warm. For a cheaper, lighter, and more compact solution an aluminum foil type car sunshade works great as a substitute. The aluminum reflects body heat and the bubble wrap between the aluminum faces insulates from below.

Regarding the condensation inside a tent there is very little that can be done other than selecting a tent with a huge quantity of venting area and forgoing the rain fly. The condensation inside forms from the moisture in the exhaled air and is even worse in a very humid environment. Without a lot of air circulation the condensation will form to some degree unless the air outside the tent is warmer than the air you are exhaling.
  • QuoteThe cold issue has more to do with your sleep system than the tent.

Oh we got SYSTEMZ! :)

http://www.israeltour.com/images/tent.jpg

http://www.israeltour.com/images/tent2.jpg

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.