Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Jib Bridle Replacement on P16  Bottom

• I've got a question and hope somebody has done this repair / replacement before.

The Prindle 16 I have has the bridle wire for the jib blocks leading down into the hull below the inspection port. My bridle wire for the jib blocks is worn about halfway threw the wire, presenting a risk of being cut from the frayed wire and a bigger risk of the jib block breaking loose and causing a pretty awful problem for my jib while sailing...

I ordered a pack of 2 replacemetns from Murrays and they apparently need to be swaged to be installed (I've got 0 experience with that). However, my main question is HOW DO I REMOVE THE EXISTING BRIDLE WIRE? A quick look in the inspection port and it seems to be really well stuck inside of a small cup in the hull.. I'm pretty certain they're the originals that came with the boat, and nothing has been tampered, yet I can't find anything about it on the prindle manual or elsewhere online.

I'm hoping somebody has replaced the jib block bridle wire on their prindle or similar set-up on another cat and can walk me through this..

any instructions are greatly appreciated!

--
    Redondo Beach, CA
    '80 Prindle 16.
    (Got it for free!)
    --
  • Most likely they are just push through the hole then swagged on and what is holding in place is silicone someone used to seal the hole.

There are portable swaggers you can get. I'd say take it to West Marine and use their bench but for this you kind would have to take the whole boat icon_smile

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/33-0002.jpg

http://www.murrays.com/mm…Code=C-R-C&Store_Code=MS

Edited by Quarath on May 21, 2012 - 03:41 PM.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Use set of small vise grips to grab to buried wire, then the vportable swaggers. Pete ( Big Bear)

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.