Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

beach Wheels  Bottom

• Sorry for this lame post. but can someone tell me the crrect order for the washers and bushings on the beach wheels, as I am replacing my plastic wheels with inflatable ones, Thanks in advance icon_cool
  • Cotter pin, metal washer, plastic washer, tire, put plastic bushings in tire, plastic washer, metal washer, cotter pin.

Edited by spoulton on May 21, 2012 - 12:34 PM.

--
    Scott
    ARC 21
    Prindle 18
    Annapolis, Maryland
    --
  • Plastic on inside so that cotter pin rest on metal.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Thank you that is what I thought but wasn't sure because they sent extra.
  • When I converted I had to drill a new hole on each side because the old style rims were wider at the center hub. It was also a pain to the get the second cotter pin in on each side due to the angle. I had to cut one of each down a very little bit. Also I sprayed a bunch of sailkote into the delrin bearings before reinstalling.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • I just put a used set together and had to reuse old bent stainless cotter pins. Helped to get them as straight as possible with a pair of pliers then squeeze ends together with a small piece of duct tape that exetended just beyond the cotter pin. This allowed me to shape the end of the duct tap to a point, makinging it easier to get the cotter pin throught the drilled holes.

--
    Scott
    ARC 21
    Prindle 18
    Annapolis, Maryland
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.