Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Question about H18 masts  Bottom

• I bought a spare H18 for parts. I was comparing the spare mast with the one I intend to use, and noticed that one is about 10" longer that the other. I think I will use the taller mast, since that puts the gooseneck that much higher over the tramp. Both masts have been modified with Comp Tips. The length of the Comp Tips is the same, the extra length is between the mast base and and the slot for the sale luff track. Does anyone know why the masts are not the same?
  • What are the total lengths of the masts. The standard H18 mast is 28'1". The sx version is 29'6.5". The 10" variation is
    perplexing if they are both H18 masts.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Interesting indeed. I would have to guess that one of them came off sOme other boat way back when.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • The 10" was a guess. I'll measure tomorrow, but it could have been 1' 5.5". My main boat has wings, but I thought they were added on. Looking at the parts, my boat has the anchor plate for the wings shown in the H18SX diagram. When I added wings to an H18 I had years ago, I just used slugs that slid in the crossbar tracks.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.