Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

HERE is my Reynolds 21 First sail!  Bottom

• We are at Moraine State Park, in PA. We were doing 8 knots in this video! little to NO wind..
    http://youtu.be/aNa5T-udIhI

Edited by soulofasailor on May 06, 2012 - 07:33 AM.

--
    Reynolds 21 Catamaran #38
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • congrads! feels great to get her on thre water don't it?...like the sails too...enjoy!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Man, that's a pretty boat! I love the self-tacking jib arrangement. That's COOL! I loved hearing that enthusiasm in your voices, too. You guys are gonna have a lot of fun on that boat.

Mine still isn't ready. Mostly trailer stuff. Seeing your video just about made me cry. I can't wait!!!

Tom

--
    Tom Benedict
    Island of Hawaii
    P-Cat 18 / Sail# 361 / HA 7633 H / "Smilodon"
    --
  • Awesome video! Glad to see you on the water! I am still a few weeks away from getting out on the water. Very jealous!
  • soulofasailorWe are at Moraine State Park, in PA. We were doing 8 knots in this video! little to NO wind..
    http://youtu.be/aNa5T-udIhIEdited by soulofasailor on May 06, 2012 - 07:33 AM.

Nice video. Sailing cats is such a blast isn't it?

--
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marc C.
    Cleveland, Ohio.
    Current love: Nacra 5.0
    Old loves: Int Laser, Int Europe, Int 470, Int 420, Vaurien
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    --
  • benedictMan, that's a pretty boat! I love the self-tacking jib arrangement. That's COOL! I loved hearing that enthusiasm in your voices, too. You guys are gonna have a lot of fun on that boat.

Mine still isn't ready. Mostly trailer stuff. Seeing your video just about made me cry. I can't wait!!!

Tom

No worries mine is still upside down on the driveway. My one little repair turned into an entire bottom job hey why not fix all those nicks and dings while at it. Got the new glass on one hull last night and hope to get the other tonight. Then sand fill, fair sand. gel coat, gel coat, sand, wet sand, wet sand, wet sand, polish, apply RedMax. Then flip it over. and put it back on the trailer. Gonna leave the top deck work for another time.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • No worries mine is still upside down on the driveway. My one little repair turned into an entire bottom job hey why not fix all those nicks and dings while at it. Got the new glass on one hull last night and hope to get the other tonight. Then sand fill, fair sand. gel coat, gel coat, sand, wet sand, wet sand, wet sand, polish, apply RedMax. Then flip it over. and put it back on the trailer. Gonna leave the top deck work for another time.

Brings back memories of last May for me. Only minor maintenence this year though. Can't wait to get out. Love the video of the Renolyds sailing.

--
    Scott
    ARC 21
    Prindle 18
    Annapolis, Maryland
    --
  • Thanks all she is fast , yes i was excited! the second day i was chasing a Hobie 16 but i had my daggers down! Once i pulled them up she was faster! I am still learning her she is so different then Mono hull sailing! Well i started my bottom in December here look http://youtu.be/iNgLdXqfuM4 i got videos of everything that wasn't bad my dads 33 foot mono sucked ass to repair bottom. I am just waiting for a nice 15 knots of wind i cant imagine how fast she would be! there was NO wind in this video and i was doing 8 knots!

But yes i am happy i just want to figure out how to make the stepping of mast better easier ! I will figure it out! I will post more videos! icon_biggrin Good winds all!

Edited by soulofasailor on May 11, 2012 - 07:14 AM.

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • And yes sailing Cats Kick A s s ! I just dont want to flip her! But it seems it will take a lot of BLOW to do that she is solid.. So if u have any tips for me i will be gladly to listen!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Only one tip: If the wind starts to blow, don't let go of your sheets, and don't cleat them if you can possibly help it! Of all the times I capsized my Prindle, about half of them were bad weight distribution that caused a pitchpole. The other half was having my sheets cleated and not freeing them in time to de-power the sails in a gust. Whoops!

Hoping you get wind in the days to come. I'd love to see what she does with 15 knots at her beck and call.

Tom

--
    Tom Benedict
    Island of Hawaii
    P-Cat 18 / Sail# 361 / HA 7633 H / "Smilodon"
    --
  • Last Friday it was blowin 15 and my mainsheet was all twisted up, and that was my first time out in a good blow so i was not sure of HER i was trying to de power her then my gps was saying 11 knots boat speed but i had both daggers in water, so i am sure now i know how she handles i will let you know i wanted to video then but it was so hard to do anything ! that day i didnt have my rudders all the way down so i was worried something was very badly wrong. Well i figured out that the rudders wernt all the way down! hahaha i have some learning to do and to be sure of my boat too. I have to keep in mind that she weighs alot heaver then a Hobie and i have more sail area then the hobies! The last owner says she can handle winds in the 20's so we will see! On the great lake when the wind would get to 15 and up you would have massive waves i have to remember this to i am on a wimpy lake! hahahaa icon_biggrin but yes i will keep main sheet in hand

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.