Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

comments on a H14 rig on Wave platform?  Bottom

• just looking for comments... putting together a Super Wave aka Tsunami... why? 'cause we have the parts to do it...

wondering how to reenforce the Wave chainplates/shroud connect points w/the taller rig of the H14? Thoughts? Thx, Rob.
  • The chain plates should be fine, the original H-14 was connected to the side bar (not very good at all). I purchased longer shrouds, drilled a hole in the lip like the H-16 added the ss bar, shroud pin, twist clip and adjuster for the H-14. The attachments on the Wave are much better, and should be able to handle the taller mast. If I was going to beef anything it would be the standing rigging, at least to H-16 standards, and at least a 5:1 mainsheet system.
  • Sounds interesting for sure; please keep us posted on progress.

--
    2- '84 Hobie 16s. One Blue Nationals, the other Yellow Nationals
    Hanover, PA
    --
  • well we did it yesterday... transferred the bottom and top castings off a wave and onto a solid alu H14 mast... installed a lower shroud hank and used the wave rigging... kept the original wave mainsheet system, but tied an extra line at the bottom of the blocks and around the crossbar in case the 2 little rivets holding it to the bar gave way.

it was blowing stink yesterday (coastrat was out chillin)... holy smokes that hobie waver w/the taller mast and H14 sail was flying! I swear we were on a plane going upwind... NEVER went that fast on a wave...

the boom is really low too, so you have to be extra careful there, and it had noticable weather helm; can adjsut the rudders or just live wiht it...

all in all a huge success.

i'm going to double up the chain/shroud plates and just go with it... what fun!
  • robpatt

Ha, pictures or it didn't happen! banana

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkous
    robpatt

Ha, pictures or it didn't happen! banana

I would like to see this as well.

--
    Hobie cat 14 196?
    Hobie cat 14 1976 Flamer
    Coarsegold, CA
    --
  • ok bring it on than...

Slip to Ship... end of May...

the SuperWAVE vs the Beachcat's H18 Bullet w/pentex panties!

Mu-ha-ha-hAAAAA !!! (coastrat was out there, but I don't think he was seeing too clearly)

Edited by robpatt on Apr 16, 2012 - 12:31 PM.
  • What about trapeze on the superwave? I think it would benefit greatly and it looks like a nice platform to trapeze of.

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • yeah that'd be fun.. think I may need a dolphin striker or maybe long piece of L alu riveted to bottom of front crossbar? I guess that and a tiller extension are next!
  • Quotecoastrat was out there, but I don't think he was seeing too clearly

rodger that...first day out after a long winter of caretaking/nurse maid duties and my liver got a workout! my apologies, didn't mean to get hammered...guess it was time...think i'll be better by christmass!

what a windy day! can't believe i didn't tear anything up(besides liver)...last year i broke stuff the first 3 times out. it was a good day to give it the ole stress test for sure...

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.