Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Broken Battlestick  Bottom

• Broke my Ronstan Carbon Battlestick today and need to know the best way to repair it. It broke right at the bottom. my first thought was to remove the connector and put it on at the break and just have a shorter stick. Anybody have any experience fixing one of these?

Ive worked with fiberglass plenty but haven't done anything with carbon fiber yet. I'm obviously having a hard time getting used to a long, nonadjustable tiller stick. All Ive had in the past are the adjustable hot sticks.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/Lakewateree/30729ce7.jpg

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • duck tape? icon_cool

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • DUCK TAPE ?? olde guys would never suggest that ! Go to the doc and get a pill.. It will will work !! H

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Being that its nt adjustable, I would pick up a little carbon tape and wrap it with epoxy. I doubt your in the mood to buy a vacuum set-up for this one repair. When we talked earlier I thought you had a carbon adjustable. A short sleeve sure should make it easier to repair.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Talked with Jake, he said I could get by with fiberglass and epoxy. Not sure where to find carbon fiber around here.....

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • lakewatereeTalked with Jake, he said I could get by with fiberglass and epoxy. Not sure where to find carbon fiber around here.....

I was thinking that would be fine as well after I posted that. There is a couple places I think you could get it in Greenville but probably not worth waiting on.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.