Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

~17 Hobie leak (NEW PLACE)  Bottom

• ~~ This is in the tech-help gallery for you guys that has a 17 Hobie that leaks and ya can't find out wheres it coming in from...
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…=83645&g2_serialNumber=2
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=83647&g2_serialNumber=4
    ~~ I did the soap & air thingy and used some HARSH word cause I know what I'd be getting into, but it's got to done.. icon_rolleyes

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • ~~ I screwed that link up !! HHHMMMM??? ( I had a brain fart last nite and this morn )-- Damon can tell ya that LOL... Let's see if I can do it right this time...
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=83640
    If it doesn't work, it in the tech help gallery ~~~~~

--
    and other toys.......
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • I just took mine apart to that point the other day. I hate the tramp design. Mine is 2 piece with the diagonal lacing and I still have to take the entire boat apart to take it off. One of my screws was nearly all the way undone. I have only taken one hull apart so far but the holes where the screws go in have some cracks around them. I am thinking I may need to fill them in with some epoxy or something and drill new ones. Just the screw holes not the other ones.

I also am looking at having to fix all 4 wing pockets. I am a bit nervous about it. I need to get drum sander for my drill and along extension. I am worried about trying to lay glass inside the tube. I read the Hobie article where this was done but it leaves out a lot of details

Edited by Quarath on Mar 23, 2012 - 10:33 AM.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • That sounds like a big job. :(
  • A couple of my screws were loose to and also on the boat... LOL I had some cracks around the screw holes.. Alright you guys stop laffin.... I'am talkin boat & business here.. I just used the white or clear boat silicone stuff. Used a small putty knife to spread it around and put some on the insert. I didn't put it on thick cause ya gotta get the frame on there. I didn't have to drill new ones--try it first !!! Don't forget your tramp lacing slugs before ya put the frame back on. When your ready to bolt it up, put some grease on the threads. I broke one on a 16 one year cause it was seized up...
    On the wing pockets/tubes I don't know if I would do all that. Mine leak to, But I run a bead of silicone around them after I put the seats in... If you do mess with it, it's gonna make the tube smaller then yer gonna use HARSH word like me... Hey Dustin, If ya wanna trade phone # ( I have free phone) send me a P.M... It might be easier to talk about this.....

--
    and other toys.......
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • One of my hulls is taking in water too, not sure I want to mess with the wing tube holes, as you say making them smaller is not going to make life easier. I have one or two other spots to silicon first and hopefully that will do the trick.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.