Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

What does Florida require for a Beachcat license?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• I bet that county page is just old data - (Copyright © 2009, Lee County Tax Collector's Office. )

County: Non-motor-powered vessels, (if you have a non-motor-powered vessel that is 16 feet or longer, you need a title but you do not need a yearly registration.) - http://www.leetc.com/vehiclevessel.asp?page_id=vesselxreg

State: If the non-motor powered vessel is less than 16 feet in length, it is not required to be registered or titled. However, if the vessel is 16 feet or more in length, it is required to be registered and titled. - http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/faqboat.html#5

when the law changed (reg needed for 16' and above) there was a ton of misinformation and lack of coordianation between the state tax collectors. you could ask 3 diff people and get 3 different answers. We had a catamaran dealer write the head of the tax office, and recieved clearly old data (they were unaware at that time of the changes)
  • it seems that registration or rather lack of registration is not a problem in fl. so let sleeping dogs lie. if it becomes a problem we will read about it and there is a solution to it. so don' worry about lack of registration on your beach cat.
    marc
  • I'm not so worried about the registration, but the title... My boat has gone through three owners and never been titled.

--
    Daniel T.
    Taipan F16 - USA 213
    Clearwater, FL
    --
  • pyroboy08

You do not need a yearly registration in Florida. You clearly did not read through the thread that I linked in my previous post.

I did read that thread, in fact I read it on that forum before you ever linked it. I am gonna trust the STATE .GOV website any day of the week over some county .com website. What are you gonna say when DNR pulls you over? "Officer, your departments website is wrong and those rules don't apply to me, I read on the website for Lee county that I do not need to register my boat."

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • pyroboy08
    here is what you say. we were launching our solcat 18 and a marine patrol officer was at the ramp. he asked how long was the boat. i replied 18' . he said you need to register it. i said that i did not know that and that i would take care of it. still not registered with no problems.
    marc
  • wow! I cannot believe that my county government deceived me! Well, actually I can. I apologize for my misinformed posts. No matter, I'm not worried about getting nailed for lacking registration. Although bacho makes a good point that I could get busted, regardless of what the county site told me.
  • I think most of us fall into that same boat. Not legal but not worried. In my opinion, as long as you have life jackets, not drunk and a good attitude the enforcement will not be too concerned with you.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Quote life jackets, not drunk and a good attitude

1 out of 3 aint bad in my eyes (i wear a life jacket)

Edited by MN3 on Mar 14, 2012 - 07:45 AM.
  • and do not forget that oral sex is also illegal in fl.
    marc
  • marcs2and do not forget that oral sex is also illegal in fl.
    marc

Even with registration?
  • MN3
    Quote life jackets, not drunk and a good attitude

1 out of 3 aint bad in my eyes (i wear a life jacket)Edited by MN3 on Mar 14, 2012 - 07:45 AM.

Remember, it is only legal to operate type I life preservers while intoxicated :)

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.