--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • Nice vid glad you are having fun with it.

you should consider removing the large picture form your signature and using it in your avatar. IT can be really disrupting to reading through forum posts to have to pop up so when it can be irrelevant tot he post. Either that or make it much smaller. icon_wink

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Nice Vid. SWEET BOAT.. Great crew..
    Looks like (to me) that the downhaul for the jib is not tight enough.. It looked like it was curving to the lee side of the center line of the boat. The jib sail has a SS cable to take the stress of the whole rig.. The forestay should be quite loose after the rig is tensioned and not have any tension. On my 16 the forstay hung curved down to a window in the jib with no stress. 8 to 12 inches from the front of the sail. Remember .. that the tension keeps the rig from letting the mast base from unseating in a flip-over.. Mast rake is acheived by the adjustment in the chain plate at the bridals conection to the chain plate where you had the camera... and the adjustment of the side stays.. Not the forestay.. Check out the vid.. See how far toward the lee side the jib is under sail.

Also.. In the pix in your avitar, looks like you are much further aft and the nose of the girl is in the air ( No one like snooty girls).. The hull on the boat is not flat but is Banana shaped. The best lift to hold the boat on track and help point (due to the asmetercial hull shape) is when the dech of the hulls are more level with the water..

West coast guys feel really bad when they see folks sailing in shorts this time of year. Good luck (Keep the crew!!) Cheers Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • QuoteWest coast guys feel really bad when they see folks sailing in shorts this time of year. Good luck (Keep the crew!!) Cheers Hal

Ya so us Mountain Folk.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • Congrats on your boat. Now that you are "one of us" any chance you remove your solicitousness lifejacket signature? It happens to be really annoying!

--
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marc C.
    Cleveland, Ohio.
    Current love: Nacra 5.0
    Old loves: Int Laser, Int Europe, Int 470, Int 420, Vaurien
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    --
  • lookin good!

just a tip, have your crew put their feet on the tramp frame, not the hull when trapped out.. this will avoid them getting their feet swept off the boat if you sail through or get hit with a wave...

If they get wiped out.... they are gonna fly back and possibly hurt you or take you off the boat..
  • halliskeNice Vid. SWEET BOAT.. Great crew..
    Looks like (to me) that the downhaul for the jib is not tight enough.. It looked like it was curving to the lee side of the center line of the boat. The jib sail has a SS cable to take the stress of the whole rig.. The forestay should be quite loose after the rig is tensioned and not have any tension. On my 16 the forstay hung curved down to a window in the jib with no stress. 8 to 12 inches from the front of the sail. Hal

i have a bungee on the fore stay so its not flapping around and it had no stress on it.

Quotejust a tip, have your crew put their feet on the tramp frame, not the hull when trapped out.. this will avoid them getting their feet swept off the boat if you sail through or get hit with a wave...

he had his feet there because i dont have carpet on the frame yet and the mast is bent so it rotates weird when your on the trapeze.

yesterday there wasent much wind so i tryed single handing it and a puff came and i flipped, it came up fine with the help of a coach.

thanks for all the help

optikid

Edited by optikid on Mar 15, 2012 - 12:21 PM.

--
    Angelo
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • Quoteyesterday there wasent much wind so i tryed single handing it and a puff came and i flipped, it came up fine with the help of a coach.

Eat more junk food get fatter then that wont happen. Or just let out the traveler some.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • Quarath
    Quoteyesterday there wasent much wind so i tryed single handing it and a puff came and i flipped, it came up fine with the help of a coach.

Eat more junk food get fatter then that wont happen. Or just let out the traveler some.

the puff came to fast i couldn't get the traveler out in time

Edited by optikid on Mar 15, 2012 - 08:18 PM.

--
    Angelo
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • im using this pic as a example, when i flipped i found a soft spot around where i drew it in the pic, how easy would it be to fix since its on the side or should i forget about it and sail harder!
    thanks optikid
    http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/optikid/ss-1.jpg

--
    Angelo
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.