Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Two new toys!  Bottom

• http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=83467&g2_serialNumber=4

Brought 2 new Projects back from Idaho last weekend. 2 days, 18 hours of driving and $200 bucks for both boats. One is pretty much all there but the standing is iffy. The other is mostly there but no sails for it. Both look like they would float I have not done a full hull inspection. One it looks like was just damaged a bit when it was moved prior to my pick-up. looks New because I can see clean foam but it looks like a fairly easy fix. The second mast is bent. I don't know yet if it is saveable or scrap.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Both P18's? quite a steal, how much did gas cost you and what vehicle did you use for towing? quite a haul, almost 3 days of driving, but now you gonna have to change your signature...............

Dustin Finlinson
    Fleet Captain
    Prindle Squadron
    Hobie 17

hail

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Nice, at least one new boat and parts galore! Could be both used as beaters/trainers.

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • So that's where they went! I'm refitting an almost free P18. If you part anything, I'm looking for a boom and mainsail block and tackle. Jim in landlocked Boise.

--
    Jim Alker Land locked Boise,ID Prindle 18
    --
  • QuoteBoth P18's? quite a steal, how much did gas cost you and what vehicle did you use for towing? quite a haul, almost 3 days of driving, but now you gonna have to change your signature...............

16's actually. Towed with my Chevy Ventura Minivan down single lane winding roads From McCall to Boise at night after earlier snowstorms that left the road nice and wet before the temps dropped to below freezing. icon_wink Probably filled the tank 2.5-3 times for about $75 or so but we also visited Family which is part of how I justified the trip.

It was like. " Hey hun there are 2 boats for sail cheap in Idaho and they are right by your Grandparents house." Next thing I know she comes and say hey you want to go this weekend.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • QuoteNice, at least one new boat and parts galore! Could be both used as beaters/trainers.

Yes my kids are getting older and my oldest son wants to sail the 20 miler we do at Bear Lake with his girlfriend this year.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • jima4425So that's where they went! I'm refitting an almost free P18. If you part anything, I'm looking for a boom and mainsail block and tackle. Jim in landlocked Boise.

I don't consider anything extra until I go over it good and see how close I am to full boat. Since they are 16s I am not sure of the boom is the same length as the 18. Sadly only one set of main and jib blocks between the 2 boats.

You should try Pete Begle at Big Bear at (909) 800-5237 but he may not be there til April sometime. he may chime in here an let ya know if hes watching.

There are a few sets of mainblocks on ebay and there was a P18 boom the other day but I don't see it now.

Do you sail at Bear Lake very much? I am usually there 3-4 times at least in the summer at Rendezvous Beach on the southern end with the Utah Sailing Association or just with my family.

Edited by Quarath on Feb 24, 2012 - 03:14 PM.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • jima4425So that's where they went! I'm refitting an almost free P18. If you part anything, I'm looking for a boom and mainsail block and tackle. Jim in landlocked Boise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P…42&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1413

Edited by Quarath on Mar 01, 2012 - 10:39 PM.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.