Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Macho Man Regatta / Mini Macho NOR  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• I would like to Race in the minni on Sunday. I have a NACRA 6.0 non-spin. I might need a crew and a cheep place to stay. I am coming up from Fort Myers. Anyone recomend anything?
  • zerohour2233I would like to Race in the minni on Sunday. I have a NACRA 6.0 non-spin. I might need a crew and a cheep place to stay. I am coming up from Fort Myers. Anyone recomend anything?

Mike (TBCS Commodore) has offered the use of his yard/home for camping to anyone racing. He lives in Crystal Beach and can be contacted here: catmann2112@yahoo.com

Otherwise, some options include:

Palm Court Motel
    2090 Bayshore Boulevard, Dunedin, FL 34698
    (727) 736-0594 ()   (800) 736-6755 () ‎
    palmcourtmoteldunedin.com

Or, a bit more pricey:

Blue Moon Inn
    2920 Alt 19, Dunedin, FL 34698
    (727) 784-2611 () ‎
    thebluemooninn.com

Let me know if you need crew when we get closer to that weekend. I can likely find someone.

Edited by Headhunter on Feb 22, 2012 - 02:45 PM.
  • Update: for those needing a room close by, the Palm Court Motel listed above, still has 3 rooms available. Ask for John. They will go fast as snowbirds get them for spring baseball.

--
    Forrest
    I-20 USA-645
    Hernando, Florida
    "There's not enough rum in the drum"
    --
  • I am in for the long race. I need to set somthing up on getting our stuff to the finish line though. Any sugestions?
  • zerohour2233I am in for the long race. I need to set somthing up on getting our stuff to the finish line though. Any sugestions?

Email me privately (if you haven't already) and we'll try to make some arrangements. headhunter76@gmail.com

-Jon
  • I have e-mailed a few people on this race and so far it sounds like a blast!! icon_cool With my current sailing ability I am only in for Party Saturday night and the Mini-Macho. I plan on trailing my boat up to causeway Sunday Morning (maybe Saturday). Can I leave it over night Saturday to Sunday?? Cost?? Is it safe??

Also in all honesty how long on average is the Mini Macho race?? And distance?? Normal finish time??

I will most likely be single handing, on 2000yr NACRA I 17, No jib/spinnaker.

I know Daniel_T on here and look forward to meeting some new people.

Sincerely

Will icon_cool

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • Will-
    Yes, you can leave your cat on the beach overnight. Technically the city of Dunedin requires a weekend overnight pass ($10, I believe) which can be purchased at the Parks & Recreation Department: 1920 Pinehurst Road, Dunedin, fl Alternately you can purchase a year-long pass which allows the holder to leave their boat 2 nights/week.

The boats are safe as the causeway closes at 11pm nightly and is frequently patrolled. Many Dunedin catsailors leave their boats nearly every weekend without incident.

The mini macho is approx 15 miles and will take around 2-3 hours, depending on conditions. If you have other questions don't hesitate to email me privately: headhunter76@gmail.com
  • the $10 pass / permit allows you to leave it overnight for 2 nighte as well
  • Any word on keeping the boats inside the gate of the yacht club Friday night?

Also, there are some folks still looking for rooms. If you know of any, please post them now.

Thanks

Edited by MillCreek on Mar 20, 2012 - 06:02 AM.

--
    Forrest
    I-20 USA-645
    Hernando, Florida
    --
  • We will not have access to parking inside the gate at DIYC due to an A-class regatta this weekend. They commonly host events which overflows into public parking, so it won't be an issue. I just wouldn't leave anything overnight that can wander off (blocks, sails, etc.)

The A-class regatta's first flag isn't until 10:30a and we'll be long-gone by then.
  • That's going to kind of bite for the out of town folks.

--
    Forrest
    I-20 USA-645
    Hernando, Florida
    --
  • I might have a $90/night room at Palm Court Motel I am about to give up. Pete Cullum is also looking for Crew.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • Knight's Inn in Palm Harbor (7 miles away from the finish line,) has rooms available for $72 per night. With tax that might still come up to $90.

Super 8 in Clearwater has rooms available for $70
    Knight's Inn in Tampa (12 miles from the start) has rooms available for $55

Book at: http://www.knightsinn.com/

--
    Daniel T.
    Taipan F16 - USA 213
    Clearwater, FL
    --
  • Pete is still looking for crew on his F18.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • Looking forward to seeing some results.

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • I went sailing today in 20-25 mph winds with the intention of taking my boat to the Dunedin Causeway for the mini mach man... What I learned was that I'm not quite ready to undertake that particular adventure yet.

I have only sailed my F16 a few times since I got it and even though I didn't capsize today, I was too uptight to go through with the 8 mile trek alone up the inter-coastal. And if I can't do that today, then going out into the gulf tomorrow would be a bit of a problem. I'll keep practicing and be ready for the next distance race.

I'm looking forward to hearing the results as well. The strong southerly breeze means the race was more-or-less an upwind/downwind course. I'm sure it was exciting for all of the participants.

--
    Daniel T.
    Taipan F16 - USA 213
    Clearwater, FL
    --
  • daniel_tI plan on entering the mini-macho man. My daughter surprised me last night when I talked about it by saying, "I want to be your crew." (I was planing on sailing single handed.)

Nice, treasure that.
  • I missed event, had boat on trailer and ready to go. Just had too many other variables, going on. I hope it was a great time. I really wanted to come.

Sincerely icon_frown

Will M.

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.