Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cool Stuff in the Photo Albums  Bottom

• Since it was a little slow I was browsing through the photo albums to see if I had missed anything cool.

Lots of good stuff in there, now over 15,000 pictures uploaded by members. Especially useful is the contributions in the "Technical Help" album where members post photo essays of there own projects. It's a good place to check if you are looking for solutions to a problem you have.

Let's use this thread to search the Albums for cool stuff and discuss them.

I'm a fan of the Beachcats History album and I wish we had more stuff there. I know some of you have stashes of stuff/pictures/manual/regatta trophies from the early days like the 50's and 60's that the rest of us would love to see.

Please take the rest of the winter days to dig this material out and either scan it or send it to me!

Here's a couple of samples I think are cool.

"Introduction to Hot Rod Sailing" Popular Science story from February 1977 and beachcat sailing.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=71981&g2_serialNumber=4

From the Technical Album, member Kevin Horecky contributed this nice tutorial for solving the problem of a torn out mast base on the Hobie 18.

Hobie 18 Mast Step Repair

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=81117&g2_serialNumber=4

I know a bunch of you will be doing "get ready" repair and maintanence projects over the next couple of months, it's easier than ever to document your progress since everyone (except Jerome) has a camera on them all the time these days!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • The Photo Album "Hull Flying Action" has a great collection of beachcats getting big air.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=83335&g2_serialNumber=3

These shots are always fun to get but take some cooperation from another boat, who can get the best hull shot this year?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Pretty cool to see a Shark up like that. The thing's a beast.
  • HeadhunterPretty cool to see a Shark up like that. The thing's a beast.

Yeah, would love to get a ride on one of those someday. I've always thought the folding mech on the B-Class cats was pretty cool and a practical way to have a wide boat.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • HeadhunterPretty cool to see a Shark up like that. The thing's a beast.

He's flyin a woodie
  • I sailed one once almost 20 years ago. We anchored off a couple miles and used it as a fishing platform.
  • This one looks good...

http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures/?g2_itemId=465

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • Damon,

I have a bunch of old factory manuals, sales brochures and posters that I would like to donate. A while ago, someone was scanning stuff like that--do you know who I can send this stuff to??

Dan
  • On the Shark thing, I cought a ride on one for the Tradewinds last year and it was a blast. The only issue I have with them is that they are VERY slippery and everything is sharp and hard on them. They are very sturdy and powerful!
  • DanBergerDamon,

I have a bunch of old factory manuals, sales brochures and posters that I would like to donate. A while ago, someone was scanning stuff like that--do you know who I can send this stuff to??

Dan

That's great, I can do the scanning. I'll send you a PM with contact info.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.