Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P18 ebay 1995.00  Bottom

• http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Prindle-Catamaran-Hobie-Cat-/160727030893?pt=Other_Boats&hash=item256c13dc6d#ht_500wt_975

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • High-end version of a hobie???

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • doubt he will get $1500...

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • HEY COASTRAT, HOW CAN YOU MAKE A JUDGEMENT CALL ON THE VALUE OF A BOAT THAT YOU HAVE NEVER LAID A HAND ON?
    I KNOW THE BOAT AND HAVE SAILED IT, IT IS SOLID AS A ROCK, RUDDERS ARE TUNED PERFECTLY, NOT A RIP, TEAR OR REPAIR IN THE SAILS. HARKEN 7 TO 1 MAINSHEET SYSTEM WORKS PERFECTLY, HARKEN JIB BLOCKS ARE NEW, TRAMP IS FROM SUNRISE. MAST AND BOOM ARE STRAIGHT AND TRUE WITH NO PITTING ANYWHERE. NO WEAR ON THE HULL BOTTOMS FROM SAND BEACHING. COMES WITH A ROAD WORTHY TRAILER AND CAN BE LEFT ON THE BEACH WITH MAST UP STORAGE.
    BY THE WAY, I DO NOT OWN THIS BOAT OR HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH IT. I HAVE BEEN SAILING BEACH CATS SINCE 1978 SO I THINK I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT A SEAWORTHY BEACH CAT SHOULD BE LIKE. IT JUST BOTHERS ME WHEN SOME ONE MAKES A CALL ON A BOAT THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN, SAILED OR LAID A HAND ON.
  • HULLFLYER
    I KNOW THE BOAT AND HAVE SAILED IT

Hullflyer,

If you know the seller you should point him to the classifieds here. Prindle 18's always sell well and it's very expensive to sell a boat on eBay, $60-$125 depending on if the sale is above or below $2,000.

Anyone looking for a beachcat on the Internet is going to find the classifieds here, you get to post 9 large pictures, the ad lasts up to 90 days and the price is either $0 or $10.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…search.php?searchid=6859

You should probably write his description for him too, you gave a lot better info than on his eBay ad. (Just find the cap-lock key first) icon_cool

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • If it is as solid as Hullflyer says I can see it selling for that much. I'd rather see them for less as I would love another one sometime but the ones for less usually put at least that much back into them first season or so. If it has other pluses like good sail-box and cattrax even better

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • When did Coastrat make a judgement call on the value of the boat?

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • "doubt he will get $1500" pretty much a judgement call
  • Value (price) is typically determined by the buyer and the existing market conditions. A seller can dream all he wants and hold on as long as he wants but getting his price may be an unreasonably long wait. I have personal experience with a seller whose boat is going to rot away in his yard because he will not budge on 'his' price. In his eyes it is imperative and a moral victory to 'win' the outcome of any transaction negotiation.

The 'cost' of your product and the added improvements has nothing to do with the 'price' of your product. It is the perceived value in the eyes of the buyer that determines price. Here's a link that perfectly addresses this business school 101 lesson..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

enjoy

--
    'life is too short to drink cheap beer'
    --
  • Hullflyer he just made a judgement based on what he perceives as the market. But put me in that list. If it is agood as you say it is $1500 tops. Too many baby boomers selling cats for less these days. My Nacra has all the things you said( except new tramp), I paid $460. A boat is worth what abuyer is willing to pay.

Edited by golfdad75 on Feb 06, 2012 - 06:38 AM.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • let me clear up a few things here...when shipchips1 titled and posted this ad, it sounded like he was asking for some opinions on it, right? so i gave him mine. over the past season i have seen no less than 5 p-18s for sale within an hour driving distance from me. shipchips1 lives about 90 miles from me, so he is in my market. of the 5 boats the highest asking priced boat was duly's DRAGONSLAYER, which was an exceptional boat(2 sets smyth sq.tops,trailorw/box,etc.) he was asking 2900$ on this classifieds, not sure what his sale price was. the others ranged from 1100$(2 sets of sails,great shape,beach wheels,trl box,all the trimmings) 700$(sailable) and 300$(needs tlc. but complete). if shipchips1 was looking for a p-18, you can find them here nice for ~$1000 or less...hell, it's not that unuseual to get them free, just get it off the lawn before the old lady divorces him!

aside from that, look at the link damon gave us... the only p-18's that have sold(besides duly's) have sold for 1500$...all 1950$-above priced boats are sitting...some for over a year. so my 1500$ judgement call is based on sound experience, not some made up number. as far the boat listed up top, as of writing this post, there is 1 day and 9 hours left in the auction and there is 0 bids on it...and i still think it will sit @ $1950.

bottom line is if shipchips1 wants to know if $1950 is a good price for a p-18, i have come across 4 in the last year localy for far less. the $1100 boat was sweet, both $700 boats were doable, and duly's boat is a racing legend...the $300 boat would be like new with $1200 new stuff(new sails,tramp,standing rigging). i paid $500 for my boat, trailor, beach wheels, extra rudders, nice sails...golfdad75 paid less than that for his 5.2. now i hope hullflyers buddy gets his asking price, it makes no difference to me. i'm just trying tell shipchips1 you can buy them cheaper here. is that clear enough?...everybody get that?...good. carry on.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • I looked at shipchips original post and I did not see any requests for opinions, actually I did not see any verbage at all. Just a link to a craigslist posting.
  • Well Hullflyer it was an implied verbiage.

Edited by golfdad75 on Feb 06, 2012 - 06:40 AM.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • DamonLinkous
    HULLFLYER
    I KNOW THE BOAT AND HAVE SAILED IT

Hello Damon,
    We have approx 60 cat sailors on our beach, and I always reccomend your site to everyone I speak to and have done so for years. In my opinion it is the best Cat site out there whether you are looking for used parts, tech advice or general info about catamarans. I normally write your web address down for them, but we all know that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. BUt I will try again
    Hullflyer,

If you know the seller you should point him to the classifieds here. Prindle 18's always sell well and it's very expensive to sell a boat on eBay, $60-$125 depending on if the sale is above or below $2,000.

Anyone looking for a beachcat on the Internet is going to find the classifieds here, you get to post 9 large pictures, the ad lasts up to 90 days and the price is either $0 or $10.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…search.php?searchid=6859

You should probably write his description for him too, you gave a lot better info than on his eBay ad. (Just find the cap-lock key first) icon_cool
  • http://i.imgur.com/MUsfj.jpg
  • Headhunterhttp://i.imgur.com/MUsfj.jpg

HAHA!
    +1
  • QuoteI looked at shipchips original post and I did not see any requests for opinions, actually I did not see any verbage at all. Just a link to a craigslist posting.

I think next time I will post a disclaimer LOL icon_biggrin

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • Thats alright it keeps the forum lively. icon_razz

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • http://www.facebook.com/#…/?notif_t=group_activity

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • 3 hours to go. bid history

s***s( 33) US $1,650.07
    Feb-23-12 23:03:10 PST

s***s( 33) US $1,650.07
    Feb-23-12 22:24:24 PST

s***s( 33) US $1,650.07
    Feb-23-12 22:24:09 PST

s***s( 33) US $1,650.07
    Feb-23-12 19:49:12 PST

s***s( 33) US $1,650.07
    Feb-23-12 19:28:00 PST

h***t( 1652) US $1,625.07
    Feb-24-12 04:41:55 PST

s***s( 33) US $1,600.00
    Feb-23-12 19:26:31 PST

h***t( 1652) US $1,575.07
    Feb-24-12 04:41:34 PST

h***t( 1652) US $1,520.07
    Feb-24-12 04:40:31 PST

s***s( 33) US $1,500.00
    Feb-23-12 19:26:14 PST

Starting Price US $1,495.00
    Feb-17-12 09:29:32 PST

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.