Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mobile version  Bottom

• I love this site and appreciate the hard work that goes into it. I spend much more time reading than posting. I was just wondering if there is a mobile version or a possibility of one? I have a little difficulty navigating it from my phone and my girlfriend gives me funny looks when I lug
    My 17 inch laptop into the bathroom!

--
    Griff
    Hobie 16
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    --
  • Sorry about the double post, working from phone

--
    Griff
    Hobie 16
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    --
  • The next version of the site will pay more attention to how the site operates on mobile devices. The past month about 12% of visits were from mobiles, but that includes tablets and large screen smart phones which don't really need a "mobile version" as much as attention to how navigation works and the size and spacing of some links.

Always trying to improve, so any suggestions on how the site could work better on your device I'd be glad to hear.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Damon-

FWIW, I'm in the process of adding mobile support to my church's website (gotta do something when there is snow on the ground...). The site is based on the Joomla framework and there is an open-source extension I found that does an incredible job. I just started playing with it yesterday AM and within 20-30 minutes I had basic menu navigation, etc. working. Seems to be flexible enough to do a lot of fine-tuning, (mobile centric css, etc.) but I haven't gotten that far yet.

--
    Jeff R
    '88 H18 "Jolly Mon"
    '10 C2 USA1193
    NE IN / SE MI
    cramsailing.com
    --
  • I also do most of my browsing here from my phone. If it matters I would like to add that SA's mobile version is the nicest I have used, the message board part at least.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.