Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P16 downhaul help  Bottom

• Hi Folks, I am replacing the downhaul cheek blocks on my mast and would like to know if anyone here knows the correct rivet sizes to use as replacements. I assume with the depth of the cheek blocks that they will not be standard.

Thanks in advance

--
    85 Prindle 16
    "If you aint the lead dog the view never changes"
    North Carolina
    --
  • Depends on the blocks. i just replaced mine last year with harken cheek blocks and they are different than the old ones that were on it and the depth was not an issue. I want to say the rivet was 3/16ths but not sure what the depth was.

This what I replaced mine with

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/28-0233.jpg

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • How many cheek blocks are on a P-16?. Mine is in out of town storage, but I do recall the plastic broke last year. I thought there was only one.

--
    Dave R.
    Grand Haven, MI
    '84 Prindle 16
    --
  • there is 2 on mine, one on each side. if the sheaves are missing they still work fine...i have about 4' of line for the downhaul and when you thread that through the 2 blocks and the eye of the sail you still get mucho purchase. so they are not critical but new ones won't hurt!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Drummer63 if anyone here knows the correct rivet sizes

All Prindles were built with 3/16" Monel rivets, now available through Murray's Marine. Is your hole enlarged? They sell a SS sleve that fits over the rivet to take up the slack, and is covers the end of the rivet inside so no water passes through.

RIVET MSP 6-10 (3\16 X 5\8)
    Code: 19-5023
    Price: $0.75
    Unit: EACH

Sleeve
    RIVET CASING 6-10 (3\16 X 1\2)
    Code: 19-5020
    Price: $0.75
    Unit: EACH

"Stainless casing prevents leaking through the center of rivet. Also used to replace rivets in worn, oversized holes, as in Hobie® castings and sidebars. For 3/16" diameter rivets up to 5/8" penetration. Requires 13/64" hole. This casing is suggested for use with #19-5022 (MSP 6-6) rivets with steel mandrels because they pull tighter than rivets with stainless mandrels."
    Quote from the Murray's web site.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • BILL !! THERE "IS " TWO ON MINE ??? I know you all were prolly doing lots of liquid stuff is high school BUT good english is imporant.. (spelling is not).. "There "ARE" two on mine.. Was thinking about a big contract for ya-all and staff.. but the EIO got nervouse about the language thing.. WE have our standards here on the west coast..
    And leave the "MUCHO" to the Cal South guys. Sounds funny when you all say it with that drall. By the way.. How's noodling this year. enough fish for the chicks and some for leftovers.. Got to be doing that when the wind is down.. Tastes great with the beer.. Cheers H

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Yall gone be suprised when Saint Peter meets you at the Paerly Gates and says" Yall git in the back of the truck, we going to the big house"

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • ahhh...grasshopper hal...now you learn first lesson of selling "quality pre-owned" merchandise...ALWAYS let the customer think they are smarter than you...let their pompacity cloud there judgement of your skills. ray charles called it "country dumb", hitler was sure the allies were going to land at calais right? now for more lessons from the master, you must pour that fancy dancy home brew of yours down my cake-hole! that is all...

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • catchchicken Goodt english be berry impotant Mr. Coastrat. I been tolt dat my hole stay here on dis worlt. Wifout goodt english, you can't communicates wif yo fellow man. But most impotantly, you can't communicate wif yo fellow womans. So Mr. Coastrat, I recommends dat you brush ups on goodt english so dat da ladies you be talkhen at, no wat you be tellin dem to do. I myself got goodt english skills, such dat I be surrounded by ladies all day long and all nite long and even in da shower, yup I also recommend Mr. Coastrat, dat you take a shower wif yo lady so dat you can compliment yo lady on her buttiful eyes. Over.

Edited by Backasswards on May 04, 2012 - 10:59 AM.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.