Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Extreme Hull Makeover - Nacra 5.0 Edition  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• I have those files. They are the standard "Nacra Font" and are red.. IM me with your email and will send them> Cheers Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • These are the new font's like pictured earlier in this thread. The current design that says "Nacra Sports and Fun Catamarans". Got 'em in red to put on my red boat but the reds clashed so left them off.

--
    Philip
    --
  • I am in the market for nacra decals. Mummp... Are those the ones Murray's had a while back? Or did you have them made?

I just got done priming with epoxy kote. I may do anothr light coat. If you sand the crap out of that stuff... The hulls are perfect. I'm painting with perfection once the rain stops. I'll post my exploits when I'm done.

Shoot me a private message on the decals.

Thanks

Norm

--
    nacra inter-18
    CNBP
    --
  • nhansonI am in the market for nacra decals. Mummp... Are those the ones Murray's had a while back? Or did you have them made? . . .
    . . . Shoot me a private message on the decals.
    Thanks
    Norm

They came from Nacra. I got a call 10 minutes after I made that post and they now have a new home. Sorry.

--
    Philip
    --
  • You guys inspired me to clean up my 1987 Nacra 5.0. I have cleaned the hulls with Barkeeper's Friend and sanded some rough spots with 400 grit. I am going to use Polyprep and Poliglow next, but there are some old Marine-Tex repairs that are darker than the white hulls. How should I treat these spots so they are not visible after the Poliglow?
    Thanks!
  • I also had a few old spots that did not 100% match the hull. I cleaned them up as well as I could, after applying Poliglow these spots look the same on the hulls, the product didn't make those look better (or worse). One thing you can try is to rub a new layer of Marine-Tex on top. You'll probably never get a 100% match but this may make it look slightly better.

SquamTrac16You guys inspired me to clean up my 1987 Nacra 5.0. I have cleaned the hulls with Barkeeper's Friend and sanded some rough spots with 400 grit. I am going to use Polyprep and Poliglow next, but there are some old Marine-Tex repairs that are darker than the white hulls. How should I treat these spots so they are not visible after the Poliglow?
    Thanks!

--
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marc C.
    Cleveland, Ohio.
    Current love: Nacra 5.0
    Old loves: Int Laser, Int Europe, Int 470, Int 420, Vaurien
    --
  • Edchris177How did you make the turned aluminum end caps? They look pretty good.

This earlier comment in this thread got me thinking... I'm lucky to have a very handy neighbor so a few six packs later... tadaaaaahhh

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MPwBGhoK6kE/T7RYN3N5V-I/AAAAAAAAAxU/ujmodS1wb9k/s912/IMG_20120505_181141.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DAPppunEBJw/T7RYQBlW-EI/AAAAAAAAAxc/JZxFyrIi2Rs/s912/IMG_20120505_181148.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-l2cOPYP9Pgg/T7RYFA9FEsI/AAAAAAAAAxM/_FpZ25S-vLA/s912/covers.jpg

--
    Marc C.
    Cleveland, Ohio.
    Current love: Nacra 5.0
    Old loves: Int Laser, Int Europe, Int 470, Int 420, Vaurien
    --
  • i posted this on another thread, but I got nutty with the Gimp and made some logos http://www.flickr.com/pho…/hansoncoyne/7207331890/

--
    nacra inter-18
    CNBP
    --
  • As I'm in the process of refurbing my 5.0, I too am in need of some pinstriping. For now I'm touching up, not redoing everything. Questions:

My boat is of the same red/orange/gold color scheme as FlyingDutch (note I have PMed flyingfishguy to no avail). Does anyone have any leftover stripping, about 3 yards of each width and color, lying around they would be willing to part with?

When I'm ready for a full redo, perhaps in another season or three, is it possible to obtain a full graphics/stripping kit or do you have to have it custom made (find these elusive vector? files, color codes for the colors, font for the lettering/numbers) special order?

Since these hulls are a series of compound curves (no nice flat/square reference points) how do you know where to position the decals and lastly get the pinstriping straight?

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.