Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

winter camping  Bottom

• Anyone have any interest in taking a vacation and doing some island camping (and maybe sailing) in the gulf of mexico this spring (april ish)
  • What do you have in mind Drew ... icon_confused

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • possibly organizing a camping trip
  • Perhaps a trip to St. Andrews State Park at Panama City Beach? Camp on the bayside with your boat on the beach. I did this a few years ago for the Midwinters and had a great time.

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • some of those 12 month a year cat sailors from OSYC are talking an overnight on Horn Island in Mar or Apr... think current target is Mar 11th...
  • Hey Rob I would like to try again.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • great, you'll see i sent your info to Glenn, who organized our spring trip when the fog came, and we had an even better trip in the fall...
  • MN3Anyone have any interest in taking a vacation and doing some island camping (and maybe sailing) in the gulf of mexico this spring (april ish)

Most definitely. Anclote??
  • Anclote is not a good choice for us (no bottles/no beer allowed)

where are you at flaco?
  • MN3possibly organizing a camping trip

I thought you weren't into anything "organized??"

I think there's a bus coming as in about to get thrown under.

--
    Have Fun,
    Mike
    --
  • MN3Anclote is not a good choice for us (no bottles/no beer allowed)

where are you at flaco?

I'm in Tampa, but frequent the Dunedin Causeway. I've camped at the North end of Anclote many times, with many many beers. (I buy cans anyway, empty bottles are still heavy.) Never had any kind of problem. You may be thinking of the designated camping area on the South end which does have rules, or maybe I've been lucky.
  • i was thinking about the signs i have seen on the south side. We have parked there and the police pull up and look for beers. i didnt know there were other rules for the north side.

That island is bit far for us to put in at Dunedin and get all our gear up to the island.

Edited by MN3 on Jan 18, 2012 - 07:32 AM.
  • Understood, I'm very interested in any case, the spoils are a blast too. Count me in...

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.