Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

tires for my beach dolly  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• I just bought a prindle 19 the beach dolly tires will not hold air . I need to replace but do not anything else . any suggestions . Planning on doing the Everglades Challenge.
    Thanks

Joe
  • If you have the Cat Trax brand of beach wheels, you can order inner tubes that will fit inside their tubeless tires from Cat Saillor's online store. Here's the page with the tubes: http://store.catsailor.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=14568&idcategory=287. Click on a picutre of the Cat Trax with the label, "Beach Wheels, Cat Trax, Replacement Parts and Accessories", and you'll see a list of various replacement parts which will include the tubes. Not cheap, about $30 each, but much better than flat tires. MVD icon_smile
  • Just take them to your local tire shop, 22x8" rim is a very common tire and the tubes are less than $10 each there. I did that with my eurotrax.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Change out the valve stems, this usually cures the problem about 80% of the time...

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Great thanks to all . I'll follow up Wednesday
  • The size is actually 21x12-8. I tried to find them here in Shreveport and didn't have much luck. They weren't too easy to find online. They ought to be cheap if you can find them. Definately worth a run down to your local ATV or riding lawn mower store to check before you order on line.
  • It would be the same tube for that size, you will have the best luck looking at the more old-school shops in your area. Places like Tire Kingdom are not likely to have tubes. Tractor supply has them but they are around $20 each there.

Edited by bacho on Dec 21, 2011 - 06:07 AM.

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • The tires I have area fire stone brand with no rim blows up to 65lds with a stem like in a basket ball .
    Very old . I may have to start over .
    Thanks again

Joe
  • Joe, when you go to look for tubes, bring one of the tire/wheels with you. I ran into your scenario with my small tractor. I didn't want to spend $100+ on each tire, so I thought I might put tubes in. It turned out the valve stems on the wheels did not match up with where they were on the tubes. The tire shop I use told me he really didn't want to sell me tubes as the incorrect orientation would just pull the valves out of the tubes. He wasn't selling those type of tires, so he wasn't just trying to get me to buy tires from him.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I have had good luck with the Nankang N800 which is the replacement tire for 21x12x8 slick. I got mine from ATVTires.net but also noticed that Tiresunlimited .com has the same tire. ATVTire has a lower price.

Taking the old tires off is just a matter of breaking the bead. Putting the new on is also about the bead. I use a ratchet strap around the tire. Tighten the strap to force the tire out to the rim then blast it with air from an air compressor. Make sure you have a warm tire. A few trys and maybe some soapy water will do the trick. These tires use about 10 lbs of pressure.

--
    Steve
    H14, H16, H17
    --
  • To hijack a touch -- I want some beach wheels for my ice chest. It's got little plastic wheels, but I want some knobby inflated replacements...Any thoughts?

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • you should be able to find a tire for you here http://www.carlisletire.com/

bernd
  • Thanks I'll give them a call .

Joe
  • I have an old beach dolly. one of the tires has a hole. is there a patch kit or something I can grab from a hardware store? they are getting worn from the sun and they need to get replaced but I'm looking for a short term fix. I got a patch kit from the auto parts store but the rubber cement and patch didn't do the trick. I just need it to hold for 10 days then everything gets replaced

--
    Ed Lavin
    Time on the water doesn't count on the clock of life
    --
  • Sorry, but I have to disagree. Call Florida Sailcraft who made them originally probably. They can help you, they have helped me twice.

Rant to follow. I am all for cheap alternatives on most things, but when we abandon all of the people who have made this sport great, what do we do when they go out of business? If we do not support these people, for the sake of a few bucks, we are in the end screwing ourselves. Like the really great local mom and pop hardware stores, they are all but gone and the idiots at the chain stores are of little or no help most of the time. Rant over.

HTH, Richard.

--
    Lake Perry KS
    H-18
    N-5.5 UNI +spin
    --
  • edtl74I have an old beach dolly. one of the tires has a hole. is there a patch kit or something I can grab from a hardware store? they are getting worn from the sun and they need to get replaced but I'm looking for a short term fix. I got a patch kit from the auto parts store but the rubber cement and patch didn't do the trick. I just need it to hold for 10 days then everything gets replaced

Put a tube in it, it will fix it for the next decade.

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • sweet, tube it is

--
    Ed Lavin
    --
  • RicardObenSorry, but I have to disagree. Call Florida Sailcraft who made them originally probably. They can help you, they have helped me twice.

Rant to follow. I am all for cheap alternatives on most things, but when we abandon all of the people who have made this sport great, what do we do when they go out of business? If we do not support these people, for the sake of a few bucks, we are in the end screwing ourselves. Like the really great local mom and pop hardware stores, they are all but gone and the idiots at the chain stores are of little or no help most of the time. Rant over.

HTH, Richard.

Hi Richard,

You might should suggest to your contacts at Florida Sailcraft that they list their inner tubes and/or replacement valve stems along with the other accesories they sell on their website, otherwise some sailors might believe they need to spend a ridiculous $110 (for two tiers) to self repair a couple of leaky beach cat trolly tires. If Florida Sailcraft is selling the proper-sized inner tubes I can buy on ebay for $15 each, they have my business.

Brian
  • I have no connection to them, I just had good service with them (twice). I have two sets of wheels and both have tubes from them. I really do not remember what I paid. I just called them and they helped. I do not recall it being an alarming amount though.

To each his own, I support the people who I can call and get help from, that (those many) phone call on a Saturday when I broke something and need a quick solution is worth the extra few dollars TO ME, maybe not to others. To be clear I am not made of money, my Nacra cost me 1800 bucks and the Hobie a 1995 18 was $4k (nationals boat) and at the time it was in pretty new condition. eBay is fine too, I needed a new electric tongue jack for a trailer and it was $75 less than local place so I got it on eBay. I am just worried about our small industry, that is all. Back to regular programming.

FYI I called them tubes are $25. Brian, you are correct they should be listed as tubes available separately on their website. I really do see both sides of the story. Richard.

Edited by RicardOben on Sep 25, 2013 - 08:24 AM.

--
    Lake Perry KS
    H-18
    N-5.5 UNI +spin
    --
  • just a follow up. I found a fix a flat guy in brooklyn and he did a hot patch on one tire. these beach wheels are 30 years old and for $20 it works. I'm going to replace the wheels next year. These wheels have the old needle style of air hose and the rubber is cracking all around it. I'm going to just go new. they are firestone tires and not sure if I can even find a tube for these.

--
    Ed Lavin
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.