Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Depression is setting in...  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• Just finished my last trip to the beach and now I have 3 months of cold weather ahead. My boat will sit idle while old man winter has his way. So bummed.

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • Winter is the worst part of the year for me. My life revolves around the water, and now its too cold...

--
    Wesley Ross
    Galveston, Texas.
    -Blade F16 733-
    "Experience is the teacher of all things."
    -Julius Caesar
    --
  • Yea, I hear ya!
    I have found some solace in a warm tub though...

http://www.thetoyboat.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_91

You have to keep an eye on the submarine, though- it can get very personal!

Sheet In!

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • motivatedJust finished my last trip to the beach and now I have 3 months of cold weather ahead. My boat will sit idle while old man winter has his way. So bummed.

Buy some weather gear and keep at it, its not THAT cold.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Come up north and you can get a slightly different but equally enjoyable fix. Check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC0I5PEhkJo

Believe me, though, I'm counting the days until May(!) when the softer water is safe.

--
    Jeff R
    '88 H18 "Jolly Mon"
    '10 C2 USA1193
    NE IN / SE MI
    cramsailing.com
    --
  • mardi grass helps ease the pain around here...some folks hardly wear any clothes at all...

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • down in Florida winter is the best time to sail!

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • Sitting in Durango, CO today. Its "ZERO" degrees. This is for the birds.

--
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • it was 80* here the past weekend with 15-20 :)

Edited by MN3 on Dec 06, 2011 - 07:09 AM.
  • One of our club members was out for a couple hours on Lake Ontario last Saturday, Dec 3. Then we knocked his boat down for the winter. I've been out Thanksgiving week but I don't have a dry-suit so..............I stayed on the beach.

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --
  • The local fleet is meeting at Lake Plesant about 5:30 AM this Sunday, when the wind is up! They'll be off the water by nine and heading for a late breakfast somewhere.
    Sheet In!

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • MN3it was 80* here the past weekend with 15-20 :)Edited by MN3 on Dec 06, 2011 - 07:09 AM.

Go ahead, rub it in. I've gotta get back to Florida. I can hear Jimmy Buffett calling me now....

--
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • I on the other hand worship winter. I bought a cat to make summer slightly less miserable for I am a skier. If I were to win the lottery, I would follow winter around the world.
  • motivated
    MN3it was 80* here the past weekend with 15-20 :)Edited by MN3 on Dec 06, 2011 - 07:09 AM.

Go ahead, rub it in. I've gotta get back to Florida. I can hear Jimmy Buffett calling me now....

we have saved you a parking spot on the causeway :)
  • QuoteOne of our club members was out for a couple hours on Lake Ontario

Jesus H C.H.rist, your cojonnes would be up under your armpits! I keep mine on Lake Simcoe, not as big, but way warmer, & I drydocked the 5.7 on the 24th of Oct. The bloody water is less than 10C out in the deep, I'll have ice n my bay in the next two weeks.
    My depression comes from the fact that as I type this I'm sitting just outside Speightstown, Barbados. Water is in the 80's, air is 84F, humidex of 95, we have a Hobie 18 Magnum, a Getaway, & a few Waves...& the best the bloody wind can do is 2-3 mph. I can f.ar.t. harder than that! We finally saw 10mph on the edge of a passing CB, big deal I say. The rum & Banks flows freely, but WTF, isn't this supposed to be the land of the trade winds?

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • lol
  • ~~ Do what I did,, Take up ice sailin. Built a DN 2 yrs ago and built a bigger " ice shredder" this past summer... 19' long,,, skate plank is 16' wide, with a 16 Hobie mast & sail w / jib.......... I should throw a pict up here. ~~~ icon_wink

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • I 2nd MN3's "lol" at Edchris177
    Depression from Barbados, C'mon man!!!! I don't believe it. Haha. This might be a sin to say on here but when the wind dies there are always, power boats. Maybe surfing, I'm sure you are staying entertained.

My depression sets during the cold and rainy midwest fall and spring, no matter what do outside you aren't out in those days, I do as much as I can outside hot and cold sail to snowboard and whatever else I find, the fall and spring mark the beginning and end of my indoor basketball season.

I love having all of the seasons, they never seem long enough, but that is usually a good sign that you got your money's worth.

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
    --
  • Please do. It's been year years since I've been Ice boating. I would say it rivals water catamaran.

Need to start a Ice boat thread on here :)

popeyez7~~ Do what I did,, Take up ice sailin. Built a DN 2 yrs ago and built a bigger " ice shredder" this past summer... 19' long,,, skate plank is 16' wide, with a 16 Hobie mast & sail w / jib.......... I should throw a pict up here. ~~~ icon_wink

--
    NACRA 18 SQ uared

Okanagan, BC, Can
    --
  • ~~ Lets see if I can do this right ?? Its been awhile !!!!
    http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/72950519/sn/1683768805/name/DN+008.jpg MY DN
    http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/72950519/sn/2037294366/name/ICE+5.jpg My new creation.. "Ice shredder"

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.