Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Pennsylvania Boat Registration  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• This is one thing I have to do , i need the boat and trailer TAG registered.. in PA. i thought AAA did it but i called they said they dont do it
    I called a notary and they said it is over 100 bucks for boat and 100bucks for trailer! WOW

--
    Reynolds 21 Catamaran #38
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • quit your bittchin'
    It's a BOAT, acronym for Break Out Another Thousand.
    A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into so get use to it.

--
    Philip
    --
  • SHIT this sucks well good thing i dont need to put it in the water yet! DAM... there has to be a way around this every year! SUX.... maybe i will do my Boat registration first, then later do the trailer , then get the TAG

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • sure you have to pay for registration every year(on the boat)?

Edited by matt922 on Nov 16, 2011 - 12:19 PM.
  • i live in pa. i only have my trailer registered. just did the register for 5 years deal to aviod the hassle. dont think you need to register your boat unless you have a motor on it. might have to if its over 16 ft or something. id tell em to suck it if your over 16.
  • Not from PA but this was pretty easy to find....sounds like you got some bad info. The site below says PA doesn't register boats unless they have motors....and only motorized boats need a title unless someone has voluntarily titled an otherwise exempt boat. In that case the title must be maintained. Trailers are probably dealth with via the DMV.

http://fishandboat.com/faqregt.htm#1

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • yeap but there is no title for Trailer so i am in a pickle now! so i am looking to figure out how to get a title for trailer
    icon_confused

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • "Home-build" a trailer using the parts you have from you existing trailer that has no title and then apply for a title for the home-built trailer with the DMV. Just make sure all the old trailer info is removed when you are scrapping the old trailer for parts. It might be kinda embarrassing to go title your home-built trailer serial No. 1 and have someone find the old serial numbers or stickers. This process should take you less than 15 minutes start to finish.

Edited by Rider_55 on Nov 22, 2011 - 10:02 AM.
  • well since this trailer had never had a title why cant i sign up for that anyways! ?? maybe this will work then!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • In Arkansas all you would have to do is apply for a title for a new never previously registered trailer with a bill of sale/receipt.
  • that is what i have too ! PA. just sux here they are so way involved into things that they shouldn't be in this this state! We don't even have Beer in out stores yet we have to go to a beer distributor !

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • just register it as a homebuilt. they dont care. its way easier that way. they usually dont even look at it. i think your making this way harder and more expensive than it is. you could register a piece of plywood with a rope tied to it to tow it as a trailer in pa.
  • i have a technique for these things...walk into the dmv with a wad of cash and ask the lady "WHO DO I GIVE THE MONEY TO??"(with a sh#teating' grin)...they will gladly lighten up the load!...works every time.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • When I was back there again in the 90's I had to register the trailer, but not the boat and yes AAA did do it... but it was something like $50 for everything, title transfer, tag and current registration... As for the one of the lakes I had sailed on they did required a daily permit or you could buy one for the year which was like $10

Are you close to Harrisburg? If so go the to the DMV and do it yourself, or look in the phone book for any Auto Tag services

Pennsylvania, being one of the smarter states privatized the mundane DMV work back in the early 70.

Regarding the beer in the stores, I can remember when you couldn't even buy beer on Sundays and the state stores closed at 1:00 PM on Saturdays. We lived close to the Delaware and New Jersey borders, this was never a problem... Damm Quakers!

BTW - where in PA are you?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I also live in PA and have an untitled trailer from Michigan. Have you had any luck getting the trailer registered yet?? Last year I was told that I could go through the court of common pleas to get a title re-issued for the trailer but supposedly the process takes a few months and could cost some $$$.. Definitely need to get this done though so I can do it all legally. Let me know if you come up with any solutions.

Thanks,

Dante

--
    Dante Morsillo
    Hobie 16
    Pittsburgh, PA
    --
  • I got mine registered YES i told them the trailer was custom built redone! I had to have a Mechanic to look at it to inspect it and had to get it weighed! then brought all papers to a AAA or a Messenger service to get everything registered in PA they say they do this so the trailer isnt used for anything but the BOAT! That is so dam stupid because if it is a Bower boat or a Sailboat or anything that the trailer is designed for that is all u can use it for anyways! PA. is stupid! money hungry bitches.. Oh they also asked for the sale price of boat because you have to pay sales TAX! that is it i am almost done with the bottom of boat and ready to put it back on trailer soon!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Did you actually rebuild the trailer though? I mean.. mine is in pretty good shape but i didnt have any plans on doing anything more than sand blasting it and painting it. I couldn't agree more though about PA and their ridiculous trailer laws. I do have a bill of sale for the boat. The boat and trailer has never had a title as it is not required in that state so I'm a little concerned about that but I'll see what I can do. Thank you again for your help I really appreciate it and I wish you the best of luck with your boat and the upcoming season!

Dante

--
    Dante Morsillo
    Hobie 16
    Pittsburgh, PA
    --
  • nothing to worry about just tell them the trailer had to be redone they have no idea what you did , mine didnt have a title either where i bought it the trailer and boat were one! Just tell them just tell them that the trailer had to be rebuilt custom made for this boat! Thats all you have to tell them. but thanks good luck with yours too, this will be a first for me not having a boat with a cabin, so i am not sure what to do if not sailing, if i had a slip, but i am trying not to have to get a slip i want to dry dock it like the hobie guys do, laumch it when i am ready to sail. where are you sailing at?

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • I have a cabin in Jamestown PA, near Pymatuning, so that will be my base camp if you wanna call it that. Unfortunately not on the water so I cant just dry dock it for the season however I am searching for places on the lake to do so. I like the option of trailering though since I do a lot of camping throughout the season too and it would be nice to take it up to Erie or even the ocean if I make it out east. I learned to sail last summer on Kueka Lake in NY (one of the finger lakes). If you ever have a chance to get up there I highly recommend it. Where are you sailing?

--
    Dante Morsillo
    Hobie 16
    Pittsburgh, PA
    --
  • i am thinking MORAINE for now, but LAke Erie if i can! Trying to find a cheap spot in Erie i have no idea where to go and check out it i could find something 400 a year that would so sweeeeet!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.