Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

i bought a Reynolds 21  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 [+1]:

• It's a pretty cool boat It's amazing that a 19 year old designed it wish I knew the whole story.. but It's a solid boat and it weighs only 690 bls.

--
    Reynolds 21 Catamaran #38
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • So does anyone want to RACE? hheheheehhttps://picasaweb.google.…thuser=0&feat=directlink

Edited by soulofasailor on Nov 15, 2011 - 09:11 AM.

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Did you get the one in Atlanta? Send photos.

--
    Rob V.
    Panama City, FL
    --
  • Nice boat!
    We had 12 people on one at Roosevelt Lake, after the full moon came up about 10 PM. The wind was about 6 knots, everybody had a frozen drink of some sort and the party was great!

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • https://skydrive.live.com…1&authkey=J0J5eGGNxO0%24

Here are some Photos yes it was from Atlanta!

Edited by soulofasailor on Nov 15, 2011 - 09:20 PM.

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Congrats on the boat man! That thing's cool as hell.
  • Yeap Thanks man! It was alot of work to set it up my head was spinning when the guy was showing us how to set it up! But i did video tape it! I want to take it up to Lake Erie in the COLD! But i am still pondering that thought a little! :) Cant wait for spring! I am now hunting down any OWNERS i know there is not a lot of them!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Awesome cat! one thing that stood out to me is the way the tramp fits under the dolphin stryker, puts quite an indentation in the tramp, never seen that before. But a totally awesome cat, I'm up for a race... icon_biggrin

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Yes lets do it :)

Now i have to figure out where to dry dock it at! But it was cool we went out for a test sail! it was a small lake, it might have been blowin i dont know puffs of 4knots of wind! On my Droid GPS i got 7 knots! I was like freaking WOW"" it was cool cant wait!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • You were smart to video the setup! An R21 has a bit of setup above and beyond the average beach cat. The guy that owned the one I sailed on rigged a head in the aft of one hull and a stove in the other. He would sleep inside the hulls- joking that he didn't mind sleeping at attention. Your photo makes it look roomy enough for a cozy twosome.
    Sheet In!

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Oh yes i took pictures too so this winter I can replay in my head all the little stuff! It's ok I'm am sure I will drink beer while rigging maybe even meet some new friends in this process.. but the net was the biggest thing because It's new! Crisp. It needs to be worked in. And it should be fine.. I got a reacher with the boat.. so it almost comes back to stern. He even showed me how that works also.. but the no wind sailing was just what i wanted to see. Makes it totally cool and why I say NO more mono here. :-

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Nice pics and video. That looks like a lot of room on that tramp.

--
    Rob V.
    Panama City, FL
    --
  • Yeap but i think i need to fix bottom of hull it has blisters, http://qik.com/45896796/ef346ec1

see if you can see them! its on both hulls

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • was this boat moored? If so a lot of those blisters will disappear as it dries out.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • So you don't think I need to do anything with it???.

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Sand the hulls to open up the blisters. Keep the hulls warm and dry for a month. Coat with quality marine epoxy, 2 coats recommended. Sand lightly, and apply bottom paint. If the boat will always be drysailed you might get by skipping the epoxy coats, and using a couple coats of epoxy paint. I used Easypoxy if I recall. The key is to get the blisters opened, and allow the ALL moisture to escape. The warmer and drier the immediate environment, the faster that occurs. If it's not all out, the blisters will return, regardless of the quality/integrity of the barrier coat.
    We're working on a hull this winter, and are going to open up the blisters, and build a box around the hull out of 2" styrofoam insulation, taped together, with a 1500 watt heater ducted into one end of the box, and a vent at the other end, and run the heater for a month.

Dave
  • im thinking in bringing in one hull at a time in my garage! to sand it fix it i could build something to craddle the deck so bottom is UP!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • davefarmerSand the hulls to open up the blisters. Keep the hulls warm and dry for a month. Coat with quality marine epoxy, 2 coats recommended. Sand lightly, and apply bottom paint. If the boat will always be drysailed you might get by skipping the epoxy coats, and using a couple coats of epoxy paint. I used Easypoxy if I recall. The key is to get the blisters opened, and allow the ALL moisture to escape. The warmer and drier the immediate environment, the faster that occurs. If it's not all out, the blisters will return, regardless of the quality/integrity of the barrier coat.
    We're working on a hull this winter, and are going to open up the blisters, and build a box around the hull out of 2" styrofoam insulation, taped together, with a 1500 watt heater ducted into one end of the box, and a vent at the other end, and run the heater for a month.

Dave

It is really the worst that can happen to grp, it means the boat was insufficiently cured, ie to low a temperature. this is why you got a good deal. search your complete boat for any types of blisters and get them fixed. I'd actually grind the complete boat down to the fibre beneath the waterline and coat the complete hull in a epoxy paint. Be sure with your repair now, or next winter you'll be doing it again!

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • soulofasailorim thinking in bringing in one hull at a time in my garage! to sand it fix it i could build something to craddle the deck so bottom is UP!

Build a forward cradle by holding a 2" x 8" just above the deck about 2' forward or the main beam, and scribe the deck curvature onto the wood, then cut with a sabre saw. Cover with a couple of layers of scrap carpet. The rear cradle can be a straight piece of the same, carpetted. and it can land in the rear beam cradle of the hull. Then build these up to the heights necessary to have the opening nacelle just clear the floor, kinda like short saw horses.
    The boatis quite stable in this position, it's easy to work on the hull below waterline, and when you apply the epoxy barrier coat and bottom paint, it'll have minimal tendency to run.

Dave
  • well my other problem might be how do i get the waterline correct and somewhat even? I can see it with the discolor line but i guess ill figure it out!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.