Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hey all you 5.2 sailors  Bottom

• Can anybody with a 5.2 tell me the dimensions of the tramp? Specifically how long are they fore/aft, from the front bolt rope, to where the rear lacing goes.
    I have a brand new Slo Sails tramp, & it just looks to short. It is only 65" fore/aft. Laid out on my 5.7, it is nearly a foot shorter, is this right?
    Thanks

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I don't have mine handy to measure but that sounds about right. The 5.7 is almost 2 feet longer than the 5.2 and the 5.2 tramp is notoriously cramped (mostly becuase the jib blocks are mid tramp mounted) so that sounds right to me.

D.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Mine is 67 inches from bolt rope to rear flap. 65 inches from bolt rope to pvc tube

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Hello from calif.. Rained yesterday so too wet to measure.. Older boat.. 68 1/2 W at the end where the pole go's through.. 74 1/2 W ish from the center of the tramp track to center on the other side.. 65 1/2 L back to front.. 74 W from side to side in front.. Same for the hull stops in the front.. Perhaps a 1/4 total shorter.. No wonder this fat boy does not fit on her !! Newer boat.. 72 in front side to side in front from the stops.. HOpe that extra 2 In. helps on the tramp for me.. .. Men always say that.. Women sometimes care as well..

Buzz with the shopping list when you get a sec. Also think about reservations. You May get a better rate than I can. Thanks for the pix of the big girl. Wow.. That is a huge boat. Cant wait to get stories. Had fun with the comments about the trip home. Thought you might be sailing her home.. Buzz on cell to start today or the 6061827 (business) Same area code. Cheers

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • OK, thanks guys, it looks like it is the same size. When pulled from the packaging it just looked way to small. Once i pull the wrinkles out it gets to 65"
    I'll call tonight Hal, I have some other surprises I think you will like! Just got back from the cottage, went canoeing, the Nacra is inside for the season, I'm to much of a wimp to buy a drysuit, the water was only about 48F today, though the air was in the 60's.

Edited by Edchris177 on Nov 06, 2011 - 05:16 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --
  • I have 1/4 inch line on my pvimatic, is that too big? I put another hole in my transom when it didn't release. Also what size line do you guys have as the tramp lace? Thanks

Edited by golfdad75 on Aug 06, 2012 - 11:05 PM.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • I prefer 3/16 but 1/4 will do. Are you doubling the ratio with an added block or stock setup on the rudder pull down? If you are doubling that is your problem.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Ron is right, 3/16" is better than 1/4". I am using 1/4" on both Nacras, because I have a spool of 1/4 Sta Set.
    It does not set fully down into the pivmatic, I have to make sure I push it into the cleat a bit, otherwise it has come out on occasion.
    If you have Pivmatics with the plastic cams, the teeth tend to wear. Top ones if 1/4" was used, the bottom ones if thinner line was used. By swapping line thickness, so it rides on the better teeth, you can extend the life of the pivmatic. Spend the extra $ if replacing Pivmatic & buy the aluminum ones.
    They should release way before damage point. Mine kick the rudder up when going through seaweed. I don't see the need for a 2:1 pull down, just head up when you want to put them down, as it is difficult/impossible at speed.
    I use 4mm V-12 Vectran for the tramp. The thinner stuff is strong enough, but it is like trying to stretch fishline, 4mm is easier on the hands. It is very low stretch/creep, & holds knots well. I don't re-tighten it all season,(mid May-mid Oct here).
    If you go thicker it gets to be problematic when you have to feed it through those slugs twice. The newer boats with the lacing buttons would not have that problem. Buy a foot or so longer than you need. The line will tend to wear due the small radius where it goes around the slugs. By having an extra 12-18", you can "move" the contact point each year, extending the useful life. I currently have 3 years on the V-12, & it is fine. The rear flap on the tramp covers it from the sun, but I also use it as a Portuguese Turnbuckle on the forestay & it seems fine after 2 years of being out on the dock all season.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.