Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

CAN ANYBODY GIVE ADVICE ON TRANSATLANTIC CROSSING ...LEAVING THE 8TH..........THANKS  Bottom

• icon_confused
  • 20+DAY OFF SAILING ......
  • A Hobie 18 Magnum did it.

--
    Jeff
    Houston TX
    1986 Hobie 18 Sail# 13031
    --
  • Take a spare Hobie 18 for parts, a chase boat for man overboard drills and lots of water and power bars. Oh yeah, a compass cuz north looks just like east on the water. XD
    Sheet In!
    Bob

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • i have heard that the "arrival" date should be open ended...leave some cushin'...and of course, a good cook!!!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Read all the works of Joshua Slocum.
    Seriously, though, there are several open ended "clubs" that specialize in those jaunts. A friend on the Wet Coast took a 2 yr LOA from the airline & went to Australia, 32 days from the Baja to Honolulu. They went down the West Coast where the crossing boats gather for a week or two at an event called the Baja HaHa.
    If you are leaving Nov 8, well I guess it is what it is! Enjoy.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • When the Hobie 18 got to Miami they took him to a hospital because of the state of his feet. Every scratch soaking in salt water for a month and told him he was going to lose both feet. They were able to save his feet. Not a risk I'd like to take, but I'm old and fearful. I have had my boat blow away from me faster than I can swim though.

Just sayin'.
  • duly is NOT sailing his beachcat across the ocean...he will be transporting a very large and luxurious cat cruiser to the virgin islands from spain...just wanted to clear that up for those who were worried... i can't imagine what my arse would feel like even after 2 days on the beachcat!

Edited by coastrat on Nov 03, 2011 - 08:31 PM.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • sounds like fun, take pictures!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.