Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Navarre Beach Sailing over Christmas?  Bottom

• How is the weather/water temps over the holidays around Navarre? We are thinking of spending Christmas there and I'd like to take the 18 with me. Need any special gear for the cooler temps?:

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • As a kid growing up near Navarre, we had a (sometimes) family tradition of sailing on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve day...Although we didn't have a catamaran and didn't get very wet, I recall many very nice outings...but just as many needed to be canx'd. If you luck out, you will be ok with your spray jacket and dry pants...whatever the case, it will be far warmer than Lake Michigan. I think the bigger concern would be whether you have enough wind. It often seems like things settle down and stay calm and glassy until February or March....again, a little luck might work in your favor.

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • I grew up on the Northern Gulf Coast and lived on Mobile Bay. The water I can assure you is darn cold at Christmas.

Edited by golfdad75 on Oct 15, 2011 - 08:36 PM.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • [quoteThe water I can assure you is darn cold at Christmas.][/quote]

what he said...it could be 78 and sunny or 35 and grey but the water will still be cold. if you have some gear go for it!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • 55-60 degree water temps from dec-feb.
  • Thanks guys. We are looking to stay a week so may get a good day or two to go. I think we'll bring it along.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.