Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 18 boat bunks for the trailer  Bottom

• One of my hulls cracked when I was letting the mast down about a month ago. I have fixed the the hulls but I still havent been able figure out a way to replace the rollers. I would like to put boat bunks on the front of my trailer but I havent been able to find any plans or pics of one. I have looked into the ones from Hobie but I dont want to spend $300 on two cradles. I need Ideas or pics if anyone has made a set of hull cradles?
  • http://www.sailboxes.com/…bie-18-hull-cradles.html

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • ~~ I did this for my 17 & 18 after the snow crushed my 17 hull......(lets see if I can do this right) http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=60644&g2_serialNumber=5

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • ~~~~~~ 2x10x10 with 2x4 on the sides..... use carriage bolts on the 2x10's through the frame supports, & an old piece of carpet~~~~~

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • I used 10" PVC sewer pipe cut 24" long and then cut radially into thirds for my rear cradles. made 12" x 12" bunks for the fronts using 2X6's covered with plywood. Put astroturf from home depot on all four. Used the pins from the rollers to make the cradles articulate in the rear. Search hobie cat's website for a guy named "idahosailor" and his "big project." I can take pictures if needed. Let me know.
    http://www.hobiecat.com/f…php?f=13&t=12641&start=0

Edit for link.

Edited by presto99 on Oct 13, 2011 - 08:03 AM.

--
    Jeff
    Houston TX
    1986 Hobie 18 Sail# 13031
    --
  • I bought a pair from murrays for about $120 shipped. They are not $300

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • One of the best things you can do for your cat is to weld on a rear mast support to your trailer so that your mast never rests on the hulls. Hinge the support so that it swings down 90 degrees for launching. Trailering with the mast resting on the boat's rear crossbar puts a lot of weight on the rear of the boat and makes the front part ahead of the trailer supports cantilever even more, breaking down the fiberglass at that front roller. Unweight the rear of the boat and take the stress off the front. One of life's little Paradoxes.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.