Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Inter 17 2000yr model, advise?  Bottom

• OK, still a newbie, but sailing every chance I get about 1-2 times a week avg for last 6 months. Been sailing wave 14, getaway 16, and hobie 16. Came across a Inter 17, in exellent condition, trailer and beach wheels, year model is 2000. Looks like it would be a great boat to grow into. Questions?

Is the Inter a NACRA or made by another mfg?

This is only one I have seen locally forsale are they a rare boat ?

Is their anything bad about this boat?

Anything particular to look for onthis yr and model?

All advise is appreciated

Will icon_smile

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • Yes, it's a nacra and no they are not rare.
    A 2000 should be an end pole sunffer, 2 patches on the spin.
    Should have gen 1 rudders, very twitchy. The gen 3's are longer and much better.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Look on line at murrays and you ought to find an owners manual to download. That might be good to have.

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • What is the difference between F 17 and a Inter 17 ??? Sorry for beginner questions, but one has to learn some how. icon_biggrin

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • There have been changes in the boards, rudders, tramp, spin, spin sock, spin pole and mast, carbon vs aluminum. Changes have taken place thru the years, I don't know what was changed during what years.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Thanks for the information, I guess I didn't ask a clear question. The difference between a year model 2000 F 17 and Inter 17, was one model a racing model? One a more expensive model? Are the hulls the same? Could it just be they are same boat and just set up different?

Again thanks for the advise

Will

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • They weren't concurrently available. The F17 replaced the I17 (I17R as well) in 2005 I believe.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Yurdle, thanks for the info, that makes sense.

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • UPDATE

I went and looked at boat, I purchased boat. Came with beach wheels, galv trailer, sunbrells covers, mylar sail, extra gear and in 9 out of 10 condition. Going from a 14 wave most of the time to the I 17 2000 yr model is a great jump. Daniel on this forum helped me rig the boat last sunday, we went out and the boat just glided through the water. Looking forward to taking this beast into the gulf, maybe this weekend.
    icon_evil

Will

Edited by 27fountain on Oct 26, 2011 - 07:06 PM.

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.