Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Is an N20 a good boat for me?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Made a deal on an N20 today, get to pick it up this week. Pretty excited to try it out.

Edited by bacho on Oct 02, 2011 - 01:20 PM.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • $6500 for a complete N20 in decent shape is a great price. Consider how much life is left in the sails, and the cost of new ones, in the overall value of the boat.

Dave
  • davefarmer$6500 for a complete N20 in decent shape is a great price. Consider how much life is left in the sails, and the cost of new ones, in the overall value of the boat.

Dave

Yea, like Dave said, a great deal if it's all there, even in mostly "used up" condition.

Hey Dave, good to see you on here, you should know the value of boats you've bought more than anyone I know!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • The seller and I did a little trading. The boat was gone through and is ready to go. I decided toyou have some repairs made to the sail windows before trying it out. Hopefully I will have it on the water this weekend

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • bachoThe seller and I did a little trading. The boat was gone through and is ready to go. I decided toyou have some repairs made to the sail windows before trying it out. Hopefully I will have it on the water this weekend

I'd like to see pics of your new boat when you are ready, I'm jealous, the Nacra 20 is the "big boy boat" I dream of.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I took some pictures today. Some of you will probably know this boat.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/black92se/2011-10-22_16-22-01_462.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/black92se/2011-10-22_16-23-07_242.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/black92se/2011-10-22_16-23-34_917.jpg

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • I'm queer for N20's. What a beautiful boat you got your hands on. You're gonna love it. I think it's the best boat in the world.

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    N I20, N 6.0NA, H 20, H 16 Chesapeake bay
    I have a hard time passing up a good deal on a big cat.
    --
  • Looks like money well spent to me!

does the carbon stick make setting up from scratch a lot easier? (is it that much lighter?)
  • Thank you for the compliments.

The carbon mast is difficult for me to compare as it's 4feet taller than my hobie 18 mast was. I would describe it as slightly easier to push up than the 28' hobie mast. It's no one handed deal but you do not feel you might give yourself a hernia either.

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • Finally got it out on the water yesterday for about 5 hours. Wind forecast was 10-20 with gust possible of 28. Took about an hour to rig the boat, much of that was spent trying to add about 6 more feet of retrieval line to my spin halyard which ended up being too short. I was pretty pleased that it only took one hour. Once my crew is trained on rigging I expect it can be much faster.

Finally got it on the water and the wind was dead, I could see it moving on the other side of the lake, so we slowly made our way out to the bigger water. When we finally make it, the wind suddenly gave us a puff from the other direction and capsized us as I had been trapping to adjust the trap wires. I found the N20 being VERY easy to right compared to my H18. It popped right back up and we were on our way again. Just a little cold now. For the next hour the wind was pretty dead. I spied a pair of keel boats across the lake so we slowly worked our way to them. By the time we got there the wind was up to 6-8 and we started moving pretty good. When the wind picked up to create some white caps I really began to love the boat. I found it very responsive to my inputs so I could quickly tell if I was doing the right thing or not. Flying the hull was extremely smooth, it was quite fun. As powerful as the boat is, it never even came close to feeling like too much. It was as smooth as could be, and easily powered down nicely when it came time to return to the ramp.

Take down took about an hour again, much of that was spent pulling the boat up a very long ramp with some beach wheels in dire need of an overhaul.

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • Great to hear your maiden voyage went well. Still jealous.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Congrats! She's a beauty!

Have you named her yet?

--
    NACRA 18 SQ uared

Okanagan, BC, Can
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.