Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Maybe a good deal on a Nacra 5.2, maybe not...  Bottom

• I felt like this didn't belong in the good deal forum because it's more just general info on the boat/your opinions.

I have a 1976 Nacra 5.2 that needs a good cleaning/new tramp for sale relatively locally with a trailer (one new tire, one that has been sitting for 15 years) for $500. Before I found out it was a '76 I was excited thinking it'd be a great deal. The fact that it is a '76 has me worried and also the fact that it has been sitting for 15 years. The man said that the sails were stored in the sailbox on the trailer and are still in very good condition, yet wet because the box was cracked. There was a bondo repair job on the front of the hull. New rigging 10 years ago and hasn't been played with since. The hulls are white yet have silver antifouling paint on the bottom. Tramp is completely torn and can't be repaired. Obviously dirty because of sitting. No pictures because he has no access to a camera.
    I know of things to look for such as soft spots and things of that sort, however is a 1976 boat sitting for 15 years just going to get worse and worse?

Also, there is a 1985 supercat 17 for $400 with no trailer local that had fiberglass repair done because a limb fell on one of the hulls and it just needs to be painted where the repair was. Hasn't been sailed in ten years and tramp/sails were all stored indoors. No pictures either. This seems like a good deal and if the hull repair was done right then it should stay strong/be fine, correct?

Any thoughts on either of these and experience with the boats?

Sorry if you feel this does belong in the good deal section, I just wan't general opinions on the deal as well as the boats themselves.

Thanks
  • both sound good value, go see them with a view to buying the 1 in best condition

some thoughts

a 1976 5.2 is not much different to a 1982 5.2, identical hulls, but wet sails for 10 years???
    the 5.2 will need a new tramp but comes with a trailer, will you need a trailer?
    5.2 parts are easier to find than sc17 parts

sc17 i think is daggerless, which is good for shallow water and surf but not so good for pointing

Edited by erice on Sep 14, 2011 - 04:24 PM.
  • Quote1976 Nacra 5.2 that needs a good cleaning/new tramp for sale relatively locally with a trailer (one new tire, one that has been sitting for 15 years) for $500

Is this still available if so please email me.Thanks
  • My 77' Nacra had been sitting for 20+ years and it cleaned up nicely. However the sails were dry and the tramp was intack.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=71680&g2_serialNumber=3

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=73563&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Gray Amick
    Chapin, SC
    '77 NACRA 5.2
    --
  • gcamickMy 77' Nacra had been sitting for 20+ years and it cleaned up nicely. However the sails were dry and the tramp was intack.

Great job bringing that boat back from the "dead"!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.