Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 500 mast base  Bottom

• I broke my mast base today stepping the mast. The pin broke out of one of the holes somehow while I was raising it. The pin was bent when I got the mast up and secured and realized what had happened. My question is will a base from a 5.0 or other Nacra boat work? Id like to find something I could get reasonably quickly new or used. Getting parts from Nacra doesn't seem to be something that happens too quickly.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • H

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • It is easy to break the corner of the casting & pin if the mast is not turned 90* when you raise or lower it.
    I'm not sure if the base is the same as the 5.0 or 5.7, but you could give Pete Beagle or Dan Berger a call. Look in the classifieds here for contacts. Those two have lots of spare parts, & might have what you need.
    also try Murrays, they list the parts, having them in stoick might be a different matter.
    Don't forget to source the rivets you will need.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Yeah I think it rotated when I raised it. I found one at murrays that looks like what I have. I'll try dan

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Common problem, you only do it once. All the Nacra 5.X and 50X boats use the same base casting. They used a slightly different one with a different mast ball size until somewhere in the early 80s but if you buy a relatively new one you will be fine.

D.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • QuoteYeah I think it rotated when I raised it.

Here is a photo of mine. Looking at it you can see why NOT rotating the mast will break the casting. If the mast goes straight back, you can see that the base will contact the DS.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76386&g2_serialNumber=4

It must be rotated so the DS fits into the groove in the casting,like so.
    Also note the shape of the casting vis a vis the mast extrusion. Some of the older bases leave 2 triangular shaped holes at the bottom of the mast. These should be sealed. Here is a thread re that subject. That fellow might be able to help you out,looks like he replaced his 5.0 base.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ms/viewtopic/topic/12662

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=80849&g2_serialNumber=4

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.