Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

North Florida Newbie  Bottom

• Hey!

I have very limited sailing experience. I've taken a mini-fish (small monohull) out a couple times. Along with reading countless books and how-tos on sailing.
    My husband has NO experience outside of reading.

However we just acquired a Hobie 16 in a trade. We have been looking into getting one for a while, but being in our early 20's, dont have alot of money.

We were hoping that maybe some kind soul in North Florida might would take a few hours and show us the ropes. We are planning on taking it out and experimenting and just F%&^ing around on it this weekend. However at some point it would be nice to have an experienced sailor showing us how its supposed to be done.

We live in Carrabelle, the boat is kept in Wakulla. Anyone in the North Florida area care to help us out?
  • psychedchickenHey!
    I have very limited sailing experience. I've taken a mini-fish (small monohull) out a couple times. Along with reading countless books and how-tos on sailing.
    My husband has NO experience outside of reading.
    We live in Carrabelle, the boat is kept in Wakulla. Anyone in the North Florida area care to help us out?

Welcome to TheBeahcats.com, great to have you, we don't get many chickens on the forum. icon_razz

You live in a great area for beachcats, I think there is an active fleet of Hobie 16's that sail in Saint Joseph Bay.

If you can get over to Navarre Beach the weekend after Labor day you'll get to meet and get advice from lots of great Hobie 16 sailors.

It helps if you fill out your signature, instructions here.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…Forums/Forum-Signatures/

and Avatar
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…install-your-own-avatar/

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.