Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Phoenix 18 Mast Needed  Bottom

• I am a new member to TheBeachCats.com and am impressed with the knowledge possessed by the forum contributors. I would like some advice. I have a Phoenix 18 (circa mid sixties to mid seventies) that is missing the mast. The tramp and sails are in good shape. I also have the boom. Problem is we lost the mast in a fire a few years ago. At the time of the fire the mast was stored in an area apart from the cat. We think scavengers went through the debris and removed the mast for scrap metal. We loved the way the Phoenix sailed and would like to get it up and running again if it makes economical sense. It has one pontoon that leaks a bit, but other than that is in good shape.

Our first choice would be to obtain a mast for it if we could find one at a cost that would not exceed the total value of the completed boat. The boat is in northern lower Michigan. Ideas about how to proceed will be most appreciated.

Bill D.

Edited by bill6159 on Aug 02, 2011 - 03:32 PM.

--
    Bill Diedrich
    Phoenix 18
    Northern Lower Michigan
    --
  • Post a pic of the mast ball on crossbeam. Measure the luff of the mainsail & send pic of boom gooseneck. No big deal;it'll cost you about $350 and you'll have to pick up in Detroit or Grand Rapids. Where in Northern MicH? Pete
  • Is this four Phoenix 18's on the site now? Cool, you guys should start up an owners association. icon_cool

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkousIs this four Phoenix 18's on the site now? Cool, you guys should start up an owners association. icon_cool

My thoughts exactly DamonLinkous...

I have a pic of the mast step and ball on my MEMBERS pics BILL6159...

--
    D Johns
    Phoenix 18 KC#126
    Port Hope Ontario

"If I put 2 Spinnakers on it, will it go faster?"
    --
  • Thanks to your photo album, Darren, Phoenix base looks a lot like H-16. Looks to me if H-16 ball was cut down a bit, it would catch the "stops" on Phoenix beam base. H-16 mast is 26'--might be enough for Phoenix sail. Pete
  • Thanks for looking into this for me guys. I will check that out.

Bill

--
    Bill Diedrich
    Phoenix 18
    Northern Lower Michigan
    --
  • I am looking to sell my phoenix 18. Hulls need work but mast, rigging, sails, and tramp are in fair-good condition. Send me a message if you are interested. Just picked up a H16 so I'm looking to sell quick.

--
    Dante Morsillo
    Hobie 16
    Pittsburgh, PA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.