Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Has anyone added inspection ports to older p16?  Bottom

• Has anyone added inspection ports to an older p16? More specifically in front of the the front crossbeam. denk

--
    Mark

Prindle 16 and Laguna 18DS
    Ripon, WI
    --
  • Anyone who has, likely doesn't have the P16 anymore. That is the highest stress part of the hull and an inspection port there is just asking for the bow to snap off. See this: http://www.thebeachcats.c…ms/viewtopic/topic/11421

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • How about ports behind the rear crossbeam?

--
    Mark

Prindle 16 and Laguna 18DS
    Ripon, WI
    --
  • Behind is where the the normal ones are on the newer the P16s. Maybe a foot or so behind. If you do find out exactly where then after if you want you can use a p16 tramp that has cutouts for the ports and it will match up.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Later Prindle 16's had factory installed ports between the beams. The tramps have a cut-out that shows the location.

Installing them on an older model wouldn't be hard. It's pretty much just cutting a round hole and gluing in the port. You just have to have the right port part.

Here's an old article that still applies. It was for a Hobie 16 but most of the info will be the same.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…9/installing-deck-ports/

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • If you install ports in a "portless" Prindle 16 it would be great for you to document with pictures and put an album in "Beachcats Technical" then a Prindle specific "Installing Deck Ports" article could be created.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Hey Damon. How about links from the posts in the PIX albums to the posts in the forums so they make sence. Am I miissen them??

Edited by halliske on Jul 15, 2011 - 08:20 PM.

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • msedc1997How about ports behind the rear crossbeam?

Just did this to my '82 P18 lots of glass work to build up but I anticipate no problems. I will post an album when I have time.
  • halliskeHey Damon. How about links from the posts in the PIX albums to the posts in the forums so they make sence. Am I miissen them??Edited by halliske on Jul 15, 2011 - 08:20 PM.

Good idea, but it's up to whoever creates the album to put the forum link in the album description. I think usually it's the other way around, the pics get uploaded and then a forum topic is started, so there is a link from the forum to the pics but not the other way around.

The Album descriptions can be edited by the album owner at any time, so adding a link to the forum discussion would be great.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.