Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P16 gudgeon bolts  Bottom

• where do the long ones go and what is their purpose? I had to remove mine to re-glass my transoms.

--
    Prindle 16
    --
  • What's a blot, I think you mean bolt. There should be 2 each in the upper and lower , a total of 8 for both sides. If we are talking about the same thing, they are what holds the rudder gudgen to the transom, which in turn holds the rudder casting and rudder. Maybe take some photos or try and explain what you mean. Explain what you mean by long ones, are you8 talking about the bolts that you removed?
  • yeah, I meant bolts. out of the 8 that i removed, 2 of them are longer. I was wondering what the purpose of that was before I put it back together

--
    Prindle 16
    --
  • There is an aluminum backing plate behind the glass that usually drops to the floor (inside) when you remove the bolts. You might be lucky & it's still stuck to the glass, otherwise you have lost that reinforcement when replacing. I've had to cut a "pumpkin lid" hole in deck to retrieve plate, then glassed it back down. Pete
  • Thanks Pete, I remember you telling me that but I had already removed the rudders when I talked to you. I had no choice, the glass where the gudgeons are bolted into were punched in and needed to be reglassed. Since talking to you I've kept 1 bolt in for each gudgeon but now have no choice but to remove them all because I have to put it back together. The plate seems to be holding on the other side. Fingers crossed. I'm just going to go to the hardware store and get 2 bolts that are the same size as the others

--
    Prindle 16
    --
  • The two longer ones won't hurt anything, and likely are just bolts that a previous owner replaced. If you buy more make sure you get stainless.

If the gudgeon plate hasn't fallen yet I wouldn't expect it to...don't push on it too much without bolts in it though.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • I got it figured out. I got the bolts that connect the crossbeam for the rudders mixed in with them. Everything's back together. Thanks

--
    Prindle 16
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.