Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Old cat trax tire repair  Bottom

• Anybody had any luck fixing the old stlye rubber tires on the Cat Trax? I replaced one of the tires with a new one from Flordia Sailcraft, but don't want to put any more money in them as i plan to sell this set. The tire is old and won't hold air very well, like hardly at all. Can't put fix a flat in it uses a needle to inflate..

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/Lakewateree/e1454aed.png

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • I have that problem with other small tires.. If the tire is not leaking from a crack?? Then try some of that green goo that you can get at an auto parts store or Orchard Supply Hardware if you have one in your area. It seals small holes and leaks around the rim..You could put the goo in from the rim and than fill with air. Rotate the tire untill the goo hits the neddle hole.. Use lots of goo..

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Sometimes needle inflation valves get a bit of sand or crud in them. Dip an inflation needle in petroleum jelly(vaseline) & work it back & forth in the valve.
    Does the tire have a "hole", or a small crack, or do large areas of the sidewall leak?
    If the former, I have used a product called Aquaseal years ago to fix a 5" tear in a wetsut. It is still holding together today. It is fairly runny, so the repair needs to be fairly level. I think Murrays sells it with a small bottle of cleaner/accelerator. You can mix them for a higher viscosity & quicker curing product. I have not personally used it mixed , but the cured product is as flexible as a normal wetsuit, & sticks things together tenaciously. Be sure to clean the surfaces thoroughly with the cleaner/prep.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.