Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

spinnaker retrtieval lines  Bottom

• just setting up snuffer spinnaker for 18HT, what method of line set up allows proper retrieval of entire chute, using midpole, nice factory 'mouth', or toilet bowl as I believe some refer to it, 3 patch spin, initial method of simply running one line through lower 2 loops to top patch does not place entire chute in bag
  • Top patch needs to be higher and hoop needs to be further toward the front.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • If you are using a seperate tack line, make sure it is released completely or it will not allow the spin to go all the way in.
  • have tack line, patches were on the 18HT when purchased it from someone who never used chute, pole set up same as original owner who can not track down
  • The only other thing I can think of is going all the way to the head with your snuffer line. Never tried it, but have thought about it because I have the same problem with my non-race spin.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Quote 3 patch spin, initial method of simply running one line through lower 2 loops to top patch does not place entire chute in bag

Is your a "stock" spin for that boat?

have you tried using just the top 2?

i wouldn't go remounting your ring until you have tried all other options but if its not all stock gear it may need to be adjusted..

my tornado spin can be a pain to get to snuff perfectly
  • yes the chute for the 18HT was factory Italian with boat originally,
  • if you can't figure it out, you may want to ask on catsailor.com as many of those guys have had an 18HT
  • if you can't figure it out, you may want to ask on catsailor.com as many of those guys have had an 18HT
  • If you have your snuffing line tied directly to your top patch, then it is simple mechanics:
    1) move the spin back in the sock (longer sock, or extend the retaining strap at the rear)
    2) move the hoop forward

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.