Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 16 rudder bar removal - need help please  Bottom

• Maybe I am being spectacularly dense but......how do you get a socket into the hole on the top of the tiller cross bar to be able to stop that ebolt from turning when removing the nut to service the tiller arms? The hole is not big enough for even the smallest of my 1/4 inch sockets. Someone please help :( BTW this is my first Prindle
  • the original bolts were phillips head...can you get a grip on some of the threads below the nut, unscrew til you can grip them above the nut or just cut them off with a hacksaw. go with new ssteal when you put them back together.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Well that would explain a lot - I guarantee I can get a screwdriver in there - Thanks a lot, will work it out this weekend - feel like a cutting disc might be my answer LOL
  • I would get a fat screwdriver and just jam it down in their and try to hold pressure while I undid the nut.

The Murrays rudder stiffening kit for Prindle comes with new bolts and they use a hex (Allen wrench) head that is sooo much easier. I wish I had bought it a long time ago.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • The flat head screw driver method works fine, put it against the side of the bolt head, apply pressure and loosen the nut. Works every time.
  • I second that emotion: prost just used the flathead screwdriver method three weeks ago with great success.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.