Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

I am thinking of getting back into sailing after 30 years.  Bottom

• I went to sailing camp for a couple of years about 32 years ago when I was 11 and 12. The Hobie 16 is probably the sailboat I will purchase to get back into it. Does anybody have aby suggestions about purchasing a new or used Hobie 16?
  • Buy a used one, but don't pass up a good deal on a Prindle or a Nacra.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Thank you
  • Check out the beachcats ads...there is a brand new one that's been in a box for many years...have the price of a new one and still new ; p

--
    Kenny Boudreaux
    2010 C2 F18 USA 323
    Goodall Design "Southern Area Rep"
    Owner of Sailboxes.com
    --
  • What type of sailing are you wanting to do? Beach launches, lake sailing, trailering, will you have to rig it each time you want to sail? Do you have others who will go with you?

Just asking in case a different size or type of boat would be a better fit. I was out of sailing for about 35 years. Man I missed it and so glad I got back into it.

Edited by sailinagin on May 31, 2011 - 05:48 PM.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • Gulf Coast, Cuba and the Island chains. Do the swells in those areas block a steady wind for a Hobie Cat 16'-18' ?
  • boogeymanGulf Coast, Cuba and the Island chains. Do the swells in those areas block a steady wind for a Hobie Cat 16'-18' ?

Would have to be some might big swells to block the wind from a 28 foot mast. icon_eek

But even then you would rise to the top of the swell and catch the wind again.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.