Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

JAWS 2 CATS  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• HeadhunterPoint is, someone needs to make a serious cat-sailing movie to fully satiate the members of this board. Anyone got a friend at Warner Bros?Edited by Headhunter on May 19, 2011 - 02:12 PM.

True that, I once bought a VHS copy of a terrible Sissy Spacek chick flic named "Violets Are Blue" because it was supposed to have Hobie sailing in it.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I sat through Wind. 'nuff said.
  • The perfect storm was OK. Actually no it wasn't, trite story line and fake looking CGI. Besides, no sails.

Summer rental was a good sailing movie! :) I always wanted to see someone win a race by 'flying thier pants'. Besides John Candy was in it.

Edited by Wolfman on May 19, 2011 - 03:38 PM.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • How many movies are out there that have Hobies or just cat sailing in them? Ill rent em all!!! Heck,, I named my Hobie ''HOTWAVE'' from the movie JAWS 2! talk about inspiration!! even though hotwave was a Tornado. icon_eek
  • In the Thomas Crowne Affair if you listen the director commentary on the DVD they discuss the boats, during the boating scene in the movie. I think it is there that they mention they were built in the 80's by aeronautical engineers or something like that. Been a few years since I watched the DVD, and few more then that since I watched it with the directory commentary on..... But that might be where the D class cat info came from.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • damonAdmin
    Anyway, here's a video of the yellow boat sailing in Turkey, not a Prosail 40.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XFlZumn-P4

On the other hand, whoever wrote the text on the ProSail website certainly thought both boats were Prosail 40's.
    http://prosail.com/about.html

On the other hand that site doesn't have much info and hasn't been updated for over 10 years.

What I've been looking for is an actual list of the boats entered in the Prosail 40 series, which only lasted a couple of seasons during 1989-90. I'm thinking that not all the boats were purpose built for the series and maybe existing D-Class boats (like the yellow boat) fit their rule close enough to race. And probably all the Prosail 40's met the definition of D-Class.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Look real close in Jaws 2, they are sailng during January

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Just watced "I am Number 4" (now in stores) and they have a cat (I think Hobie) in the opening scene... Sort of a blooper actually....the background changes too quickly from 'boat sailing' to 'boat beached and nobody on it....ha...don't try to slip that by a cat lover.

Edited by Beest on Jul 03, 2011 - 06:45 PM.

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • WolfmanSo is it just me or does everyone who sails cats have to water the 2 movies with cataramans in them whenever they are on? Of course I mean Jaws 2 and ... I will give a cookie to the first person who can name the second one and the type of cat that was in it. I bet it will take less than 5 minutes.

D.

Bruce Brown's "The Endless Summer" (1966) featured Pacific Cats being sailed in Hawaii during a 3-4 minute beach cat segment. Excellent footage that included a guy "trapezing" by hand (I guess they didn't use harnesses back then).

White chocolate macadamia nut, please.
  • Hey Bri, i caught a clip of that on fuel TV last night too! all i saw was what looked like a 22 footer big wooden cat cruising. very cool. and sometime well screw around on the traps with our hands when we dont bring the harnesses out on calm days. or winds just pick up

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • There is also a hobie cat in Caddyshack. It's only in a shot for a second when everyone is trying to get out of the way of Rodney Dangerfield's yacht.

The best sailing movie IMO is Captain Ron. How can you argue with logic like "If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there".

--
    Griff
    Hobie 16
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    --
  • Last week i had the pleasure of sailing off of Chicago's Navy pier. I thought i was in Caddy shack! it was nutty every A hole with a boat was zinging past my dwarfed H18

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.