Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Camping with Prindle 16 in California  Bottom

• I am somwhat new to catamaran sailing (bought a Prindle 16 end of last summer) and live in the Sacramento Area. Every year my family has our "big" camping trip and we always take our ski boat. this year i would like to bring the ski boat and my prindle. does anyone know a good place to camp that is on the water and family friendly in Central or Northern CA?

thanks
  • Noticed you hadn't gotten any replies to this. Someone must know something? I know a lot of California is difficult as far as beach access, but there is so much of it and a lot of lakes, got to be something.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • On Friday I camped out at Lake Hogan, near Valley Springs, California, at a boat in only camp site for $12(weekends $20), meaning I had to sail with our camping gear and all, across the lake to access my camp site. Made for a pretty cool weekend adventure with a couple of friends. We ended up anchoring out about 6 feet way from the shore and sleeping on the tramp, very comfortable and relaxing.

Point (A) is the boat launch and parking, and point (B) is the boat in camp sites:
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/imaaronhall/Screenshot2011-06-20at123536AM.png
    http://maps.google.com/ma…083285,0.180073&t=h&z=13

Lake Camanche also has some decent camping that you can have your boat on a beach close to your camp site, but you'll be paying a bit more and need to reserve ahead of time.

I've also heard that Lake New Melones is a good place to camp and sail. I've never been there, but would like to.

Edited by aaronhall555 on Jun 20, 2011 - 02:54 AM.

--
    1984 AMF Trac 16, First year of sailing, Central California
    --
  • Pete's at Big Bear is that within your range? I'm sure he could give you lots of advice for that lake. You might even find some goodies for you boat with him. he always seems to a have a few prindle parts.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.