Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Boom Question  Bottom

• Hi, all I bought a nacra 5.0 late fall and havent used it yet as i live in northern MI. Since this is boomless i was wondering if by adding a boom if it will give me better performance having adjustablity compared to boomless or would it hurt the peformance adding the boom. Every other Cat that i've owned had a boom so im use to that but don't know if theres a reason there boomless. Has anyone done this with a boomless Cat and if so what are your thoughts.

Thanks Brad.
  • Does the mainsail just have a series of holes in the clew plate to attach the main sheet blocks? If so I would I would change it to a clew traveler to allow for more adjustments. It would be the best possible upgrade for your boat. Your mainsail is cut for a boomless application, adding the clew traveler will compliment the main sail. The clew traveler came stock on nacra 6.0 and later 5.8's
  • NO - Stay away from the boom. You will reget it.
  • If you have kids going sans boom is good. plus, the sails were cut to not have a boom, like the getaway's I'm sure with a heavy cord in the foot of the sail and a big radius cut.

Keep the boat the way it was designed. If you want a more performance oriented boat, get a second one.

--norm

--
    nacra inter-18
    CNBP
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.