Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

dbl Trapeze  Bottom

• My '77 Nacra 5.2 has a single trapeze (I guess original). Can I install the double tramp setup on this mast/boat safely? Is anybody double trap'ing on a 5.2?

--
    Gray Amick
    Chapin, SC
    '77 NACRA 5.2
    --
  • I double trapped on mine when the wind warranted it the last two summers. It's an absolute blast, but stresses the boat. I wouldn't pass up any opportunities to do it again except that I got another boat that's more suitable for 2-up, so I'll leave the 5.2 for solo from now on.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • I installed a double trap on my 1982 without a problem. If your rigging is new and your hulls/chain plates attached to the hulls are in good conditions it should be able to take the load of a couple of light weights (150 lbs or less). Just remember that your boat is 30+ years old so go slow at first until you are sure that nothing is cracking or tearing out of the hulls. Also you don't want to double trap with a pair of 200+ lb people. I don't think any cat is really built for that.

D.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • gcamickMy '77 Nacra 5.2 has a single trapeze (I guess original). Can I install the double tramp setup on this mast/boat safely? Is anybody double trap'ing on a 5.2?

That is probably not the best idea,
    But it is doable.

If your crew is 150 lbs or less like Wolfman said,
    You should be alright.

I just wouldn't go out in winds more then 18+ Kts.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.